Sustainability and Safety Intern
Sustainability and Safety Intern
Hunt Valley, Maryland
COTY is looking for smart leaders who are fast and passionate.
The Sustainability intern will work to operationalize sustainability through organizing events, developing creative programs and initiatives, conducting peer to peer outreach, collecting and analyzing data, and conducting research.
The Coty sustainability intern will be tasked with evaluating the Hunt Valley site’s Sustainability and Safety progress and opportunities. You will work closely with the Safety and Engineering group.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Understand existing practices and identify opportunities to enhance Safety and Sustainability.
- Use the site’s environmental report and focus primarily on energy and water losses to identify the next stage of projects – to keep Hunt Valley progressing for Energy and Water savings.
- Expected to provide an in-depth report that includes cost-benefit analysis of various proposals.
- Evaluate some of the Daily Management systems for safety and identify opportunities to stream-line/automate. Ideally the student will be proficient in Microsoft Power BI.
We’d love to see candidates who have:
- Students who are working toward a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week during the summer of 2024
- Exceptional organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using excel and other Microsoft office applications
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Degree concentration in areas relating to Environmental Engineering or equivalent.
- Team oriented with strong interpersonal Skills
- A natural aptitude for problem solving and critical thinking
- A curious mind open to knowledge and instruction
WHAT WE OFFER
This is unique role with a genuine opportunity to make an impact. You’ll get to work in a diverse environment with a team of professionals who are passionate about the work they do and know how to have some fun along the way.
Coty’s global omni-working policy provides the option to work up to 50% of your month remotely. We believe that a more flexible philosophy of remote working will give everyone the freedom to choose what works for their individual circumstances and empower them to always perform at their best.
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you’re the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible – we’d love to hear from you.
Coty is deeply committed to Changing the Conversation around Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in an effort to create a more open, inclusive, and diverse workplace where all employees can be their authentic self.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [Register to View] [Register to View] We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities, experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click [Register to View] style="color:#0563c1;text-decoration:underline">here to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Español - Por favor, [Register to View] style="color:#0563c1;text-decoration:underline">haga un en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empeo
Base Salary Range: $25 an hour