Embedded Software Engineer - MSP
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
The MSP product line is looking to hire an experienced Embedded Software Engineer. In this role, you’ll become a key contributor, where your skills and input make a big difference. You’ll design embedded software that will be used to address our customers' technical challenges in their end products. You will work closely with business partners and customers, as well as TI's marketing, systems and applications engineering teams to collaborate and solve business problems. And, you will also have the opportunity to define, influence and shape strategic decisions by providing guidance on key technologies to build the most compelling software and tools MCU ecosystem in the market.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Having extensive and in-depth knowledge of our architecture, IP, and key technologies
- Interfacing with customers, field, marketing, Apps, and Systems to define a world class ecosystem of Software solutions
- Performing detailed competitive product analyses to understand market landscape and TI’s positioning
- Owning the definition and development of software and tools to address customers' challenges
- Leveraging pre-silicon platforms, and other methods to prove out concepts and showcase system benefits ahead of device availability
- Ensuring that software and tools solutions meet safety and regulatory requirements such as automotive and industrial functional safety compliance
- Providing support on software and tools to customers and field
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or related field
- 1+ year relevant experience
- Proven experience designing, developing and debugging embedded software, including low-level drivers, libraries, demos and/or applications
- Strong programming skills using C for embedded systems
- Knowledge of automotive, motor control, and/or machine learning applications and related standards is considered a plus
- Knowledge of ARM and MSP430 core and roadmap is considered a plus
- Experience using software version control systems such as Git.
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively across job functions
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
- Good listener and excellent verbal and written communication skills
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.