Test Engineer - LED Drivers
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job
Test is a crucial time in an IC development process; if you find a bug or an issue, it is a good time to fix it, but every additional second of testing we do, is additional cost when you scale a device into production. So, test engineers must identify the critical points of the device where testing is most necessary and the points where we may want to take some risk. It is a precise balance, that has the potential to save our businesses millions of dollars!
Test engineers spend a good amount of time in the lab and when they're not there, they are designing test hardware using software tools like cadence and building test programs on an ATE simulator, or troubleshooting – the programs or the device.
A typical day-to-day in this role is software and hardware development for testing Automotive LED Drivers (Buck, Matrix, Multi-topology)
In this role, you will work most closely with all functional disciplines (Design, Systems, Marketing, Applications, DV, Validation and Product)
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Software Development
- Hardware Development
- Data Analysis and Silicon Debug
- Work and build relationships with Global Teams
- Work on new, cutting-edge, inovative products in the Automotive Lighting industry
You would be great for this role if you have previously worked as a test engineer focused on power managment products and/or DC/DC converters.
- Bachelor&rsquo#CD#s degree in Electrical Engineering or related degree program
- 3+ #CD#years of relevant experience
- ATE experience on Teradyne Eagle or equivalent analog ATE (iFlex, LTX, VLCT), although Eagle experience is preferred and is a differentiator
- Characterization test program and hardware development experience, Production test program and hardware development experience
- Strong technical knowledge of electronic devices and circuits, and Analog test techniques
- Data analysis skills using Spotfire, dataPower or equivalent tool based on STDF
- Experienced with various lab equipment such as scopes, power supplies, sourcemeters, loads etc.
- Experience with product engineering activities such as yield improvement and test time reduction
- Strong understanding of the IC product development process, from concept to volume production
- Mixed signal test techniques and experience with developing mixed-signal tests on TI roadmap testers
- Experienced with test program and hardware offload to TI offshore manufacturing sites
- Proficiency in programming/scripting in C++, Python, C#
- Labview, Teststand experience
- Revision control tools experience : Subversion, Git
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
Compensation for this position will be based on a variety of factors, including location, scope of the role as well as the specific experience and skill set of the candidate.
The expected compensation range for this role is $93500 - $158000.
In addition to a competitive total compensation package, TI seeks to provide employees with benefits to help manage their health, save for the future, allow time off to rejuvenate, and to protect against unexpected risks at work or in life. Please review this link [Register to View] for additional information on benefits and other compensation elements for eligible TI employees.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.