Applications Engineer- C2000
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job
Texas Instruments (TI) is out front and ready for the next big challenge. Our innovations are at the core of nearly every electronics product in use today. And it doesn’t stop there. We’re developing breakthrough technology to power the world’s future innovations as well. TI is committed to building a better future — from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. Put your talent to work with us.
Our business has very high growth in TI and is in a segment where the market is fast growing. We’re searching for applications engineer who have the passion and excitement to grow, innovative, take an active role in product definition, execute the characterization until ramp, and provide post ramp application support to customers.
This role is responsible for application support for C2000 Real-Time Microcontrollers. Key responsibilities include:
• Answer customer questions and supporting design-in activities for released products. This includes:
o Questions from customers
o Schematic and Layout Review of customer application
o Debug of customer problems by re-creating issues in our evaluation boards and/or customer boards
o On-site support for customer board as required
• Create user guides, test procedures and proper release of EVM boards for customer consumption
• Develop best in class datasheet and collatorals to attract customers
• Perform Bench Characterization, including bench automation, hardware design and develop test techniques
• Participate in new silicon testing from an application perspective to ensure robustness of the product (i.e. destructive testing)
• Work with systems engineer to provide support to early design in activities for new products
• Create custom reference designs targeting relevant applications to be used as customer implementation ideas
• Write application notes that explain different use cases, implementation and/or flexibility of our products
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, ECE, or related field
• 3+ years of relevant experience
• Experience in applications support of embedded products
• Solid hardware and software debugging skills
• Strong technical background, with the ability to produce high quality technical documentation
• Familiarity to high speed concepts
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.