EfS MRO Engineer - RB211-535 Civil Programs
MRO Engineer - RB211-535 and AE Civil Programs
Indianapolis, IN (3 openings)
As an EFS MRO Engineer - RB211-535 and AE Civil Fleet, you will support the maintenance and overhaul of gas turbine engines throughout their product life cycle. This includes technical packages, technical queries, variances, cost reduction, engine and life management plans, as well as interfacing with Authorized Maintenance Center (AMC). Customers include both commercial and military operators, airframers, field service representatives, customer support managers, and engineering services. You will also support and develop work scopes for engines sent to the AMC for overhaul and test. Some travel domestic and internationally, < 10% may be required to engine maintenance centers.
At Rolls-Royce, we look beyond tomorrow. We continually pioneer integrated power and propulsion solutions to deliver cleaner, safer and more competitive power.
To ensure we continue to be pioneers of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 16,500 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of dollars’ worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialization, we also offer freedom to cross-specialize and develop skills across a number of different areas.
- Understand and monitor fleet reliability characteristics and coordinate with Service Engineering, Service Managers, MRO Support Managers, and airline customers to resolve technical issues
- Coordinate with Engineering Services and AMCs to resolve technical issues and assist AMCs in the development and implementation of engine workscope development and program enhancements
- Initiate technical publications changes required to support the RR engines, including Service Bulletins, Maintenance and Fault Isolation Manual revisions
- Improve the content of engine manuals to optimize engine reliability and maintenance costs
- Participate in review of hardware at AMCs, storage facilities, and in field to support improvements in engine workscopes and identification of opportunities for cost efficiencies
- Responsible for preparing customer communications, presentations and report documents detailing status of engine workscopes and investigations
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 2+ years of experience, OR
- Master's degree in Engineering, OR
- PhD in Engineering
- In order to be eligible for consideration, you must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
- Experience in Engineering for Services
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficient at writing technical reports and customer presentations
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Experience with Teamcenter and Maximo
- Demonstrable understanding of program/value stream process
Pioneer beyond tomorrow. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
Pioneers of Power
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy [Register to View] .
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are keeping our people safe by offering the option to work from home where possible and necessary. If you’re successful for this role, you’ll be expected to work from home on a temporary basis. When Rolls-Royce updates the safety, protocols related to COVID-19, you may be required to work in multiple spaces (home, office, alternate locations, etc.) as needed across the work week. These may vary dependent on required tasks, the needs of the team, and the focus of the organization.
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role. [Register to View] target="_blank">Click here for more details on how we can support you.
Relocation assistance will be provided if applicable.
Closing Date: April 11, 2022