MRB Structural Engineer
MRB Structural Engineer
As a Material Review Board (MRB) Structural Engineer you will be a part of the production support team, responsible for providing engineering input on non-conforming products. The team has both Design Engineers and Stress Analysts who collaborate to support delivery. You will provide engineering support for production parts made by the internal plants and from vendors over a variety of Supply Chain Units (SCUs), resulting in a tangible impact on engine and spares delivery. Co-located with operations at one of the plants, you will have the opportunity to see hardware and interface with the manufacturing and assembly teams.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
To ensure we continue to be pioneers of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 16,500 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of pounds worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialisation, we also offer freedom to cross-specialise and develop skills across a number of different areas.
- Assessing non-conforming hardware against engineering acceptance criteria
- Interfacing with a variety of other business units and systems groups, such as Performance, Thermals, Air Systems, Materials, Dynamics and Component Stress, as Specialist input is often required on concessions
- Building engineering justification for disposition of non-conformances to be captured in Technical Analysis Reports (TARs)
- Identifying and supporting improvement opportunities within the MRB sphere of influence
- Producing detailed geometric tolerance stacks to identify complicated interferences or gaps as well as assessing the risks associate with these areas
- Perform FEA structural assessments of nonconforming hardware via ANSYS
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 2+ years of experience in Aerospace, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering OR;
- A Masters degree in Engineering with 0+ years of experience in Aerospace, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering OR;
- JD/PhD with 0+ years of experience in Aerospace, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experience with the Rolls-Royce Indianapolis MRB Web App and general MRB processes
- Technical writing ability / experience
- FEA experience in ANSYS
- Design experience from multiple component areas (i.e. rotating wheels, structures, compressor vanes, etc.)
Pioneer the next generation of innovation. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its brilliance.
Pioneers of Power
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy [Register to View] target="_blank">here.
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Close Date: April 15th 2022Job CategoryComponent EngineeringPosting Date31 Mar 2022; 00:03