Electrical Product Engineer (2023)
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support customer communication and engineering issue resolution
- Support all required program documentation including:
Customer issues/communications tracking
Customer Documentation, etc.
- Coordinate process related documentation including 6 Step, Design Tracker, Customer PDT Minutes between customer and Saginaw engineering team
- Coordinate sample supply requirements for engineering samples to the customer
- Coordinate and support design change activities: samples, vehicle testing, validation, etc. at customer facilities including steering feel and NVH.
- Interpret and analyze system and customer specifications
- Support Customer Program Implementation activities as required
- Support warranty Returned Material Analysis to provide customer responses and drive prompt corrective actions and product improvements
- Lead continuous improvement activities including quality improvements, value enhancements and cost improvements
Preferred Major: Electrical Engineering OR Mechanical Engineering (with relevant experience)
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent problem solving techniques
- General competency and experience in mechanical systems, electronic systems, and computer hardware / software is preferred
- Experience in design/development of steering systems
- Experience working in automotive companies
- 2+ yrs of relevant job experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call [Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.
Employment agencies are an important component of our talent acquisition strategy, and we value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. We will not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Nexteer Automotive or directly to hiring managers in any form without a signed Nexteer Automotive Agency Agreement on file, and search engagement for that position, will be deemed unsolicited in nature, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means. Additionally, any resume submitted without a contract in place will be considered Nexteer Automotive property and no fees will be paid to the agency if the candidate is hired.
Please note, agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by a member of Nexteer’s Human Resources team. No other Nexteer employee is authorized to bind Nexteer to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by an agency.