International Tax Manager (2023)
General Purpose of the Position:
This position will report to the Global Tax Director and is responsible for assisting with the Company’s strategic tax planning, accounting for income taxes, and the tax provision and consolidation process, including required financial statement presentation. The position is also responsible for assisting with audit defense and advising the Company as to the tax consequences of merger and acquisition transactions. The position will work with Company Finance and business functions, including Management personnel, as well as external service providers, in carrying out the responsibilities. The International Tax Manager will be an active member of the Corporate Income Tax group and will be an integral part of the Corporate Finance Department. This position will also work to develop and implement the Company’s long-term tax planning strategies. In addition, the position is also responsible for ensuring appropriate technologies are used to streamline and make the tax provision processes efficient. .
- Coordination of accounting for income taxes for the international subsidiaries; advisory role in respect of US entities. Liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues. Also, ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes.
- Assist with tax optimization, including cash repatriation activities. Oversight of the income tax returns for the Company’s international subsidiaries, including coordination with local tax personnel and third-party providers, as necessary.
- BEPS/country-by-country reporting requirements, in concert with the Company’s parent company, as well as providing assistance in respect of transfer pricing matters.
- Work with internal team to ensure accuracy of tax forecasting, budgeting, and long-term planning strategies.
- Maintain a focus on tax planning strategies across the business.
- Assist with the automation of tax technologies for the income tax provision process. Ensure preparation and maintenance of documentation for tax department provision-related processes and periodically test adherence to the policies.
- Collaborate with external auditors and external service providers on tax matters. Assist with tax audit defense.
- Work collaboratively as a team member; maintain culture of compliance and ethical behavior; meet committed deadlines; provide advance issue identification and resolution; and be an effective business partner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (Master’s preferred).
- Minimum 10 years experience required; public accounting experience preferred.
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment; excellent written and verbal communication skills; high attention to detail and strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work independently and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment; professional presence, with the ability to establish credibility and gain the confidence and respect of management; highest degree of integrity and ethics.
- Experience with ERP systems. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite, especially Excel.
- International and domestic tax experience is required, transfer pricing experience is a plus.
- Management and process improvement ability.
- Strong income tax compliance background, with experience in research and planning. Advanced quantitative ability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call [Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.
Employment agencies are an important component of our talent acquisition strategy, and we value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. We will not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Nexteer Automotive or directly to hiring managers in any form without a signed Nexteer Automotive Agency Agreement on file, and search engagement for that position, will be deemed unsolicited in nature, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means. Additionally, any resume submitted without a contract in place will be considered Nexteer Automotive property and no fees will be paid to the agency if the candidate is hired.
Please note, agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by a member of Nexteer’s Human Resources team. No other Nexteer employee is authorized to bind Nexteer to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by an agency.