Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Design Co-Op 2023
The objective of the Student Programs at Nexteer Automotive is to select students with high potential and provide them with "real world" work experiences. Work assignments expose students to many of the company’s products, processes and procedures. Assignments are designed to assimilate acquired classroom education with actual hands-on work experience in a technical environment. In addition, Nexteer Automotive gains the opportunity to find new talent to enhance productivity while providing students exposure to full-time career opportunities.
Job Requisition Introductory Paragraph:
We are looking for a motivated student to interface with team members on safety critical automotive products, help develop appropriate Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) test plans and interpret test results. This position assists engineers with the evaluation of electrical and electronic designs for impact on overall EMC performance and identifies cost effective EMC countermeasures. The ideal candidate is highly organized and good with scheduling to ensure critical deadlines are met.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Support EMC validation with day-to-day activities such as:
- Delivery and Pick-up of test parts and equipment
- Confirmation of validation systems operation by simulating test modes and updating device software if necessary
- Maintain EMC design group test parts, equipment organization, support equipment builds
- Data processing, analysis, and writing reports
- Help with root cause studies
- Collect test results and help to analyze data trends
- Support the prototyping of new design ideas
- Test new designs for production feasibility
- EMC Lab improvement projects
- Maintain, update, and support EMC documentation
- Streamline data analysis with the use of new collaboration tools
- Perform studies of test variation and test durations
- Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Applied Physics, or Engineering Physics
- Candidate must be able to work 20-32 hours during Fall and Winter semesters
- Up to 40 in the summer
- Must have cumulative 2.7 GPA on 4.0 scale
- Must be a full-time student (12 or more credits) during Fall and Winter semesters
- Candidate must have right to work in the US and not require current or future sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call [Register to View] 0" style="color:#0000FF;text-decoration:underline;">1-[Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.