R&D Electrical Hardware Co-Op 2023
The objective of the Student Programs at Nexteer Automotive is to select students with high potential and provide them with "real world" work experiences. Work assignments expose students to many of the company’s products, processes and procedures. Assignments are designed to assimilate acquired classroom education with actual hands-on work experience in a technical environment. In addition, Nexteer Automotive gains the opportunity to find new talent to enhance productivity while providing students exposure to full-time career opportunities.
We are looking for a self-motivated and inquisitive individual for a technology development and innovation role. The candidate should possess good attention to detail, be creative, possess good time management skills and have strong interpersonal skills. This position is in research and development group, responsible for circuit design, board layout, testing and debug of new technologies for power electronics circuits, embedded systems, and sensors.
- Developing electrical circuit and hardware designs based on written and verbal requirements
- Performing board layout design for switching circuits and other embedded circuits.
- Creating electrical designs that minimize package space and footprint.
- Hands-on construction, testing and debug of new electrical hardware to demonstrate and evaluate new technologies for both bench level and vehicle level systems
- Creating design documentation
- Researching and identifying electrical components for projects
- Create and document processes and procedures for testing products
- Candidate must be attending a 2-year college or 4-year university local to Saginaw
- Candidate must be pursuing BS (or higher degree) in Electrical Engineering
- Candidate must be able to work 20-32 hours during Fall and Winter semesters
- Up to 40 in the summer
- Must have cumulative 2.7 GPA on 4.0 scale
- Must be a full-time student (12 or more credits) during Fall and Winter semesters
- Candidate must have right to work in the US and not require current or future sponsorship
- Knowledge of electronic circuit design principles and analysis
- Familiar with common power electronic devices (MOSFETS, IGBT’s)
- Familiarity with simulation tools for circuit analysis (PSPICE etc)
- Excellent problem-solving techniques
- Knowledge of system synthesis, analysis and verification techniques
- Good organization and documentation abilities
- Ability to manage & support multiple activities (time management skills)
- Strong work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
- Proficiency with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call [Register to View] 0">1-[Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.