Design Responsible Engineer - Steer by Wire Applications (2023)
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop, and implement Steer by Wire (SbW) Road Wheel Actuator (RWA) System designs
- Coach, mentor, and direct product engineering team members.
- Implementation of customer programs including on-time delivery of drawings/specs, DSS, and product BOMs
- Proactively identify potential issues to mitigate risk
- Lead communications with customers, suppliers, and Nexteer PDTs
- Lead MAPP Reviews, PFMEAs, and Enterprise Reviews
- Complete product engineering tasks per the CPI process
- Ensure on-time completion of DFMEAs, Design Reviews and 5 Phases
- Complete tasks to ensure on-time delivery and completion of DEV, DV, and PV
- Diagnose and correct issues identified during product development, implementation and production
- In person support at customer locations including technical centers and proving grounds
- Focus on delivering superior customer service as measured on feedback from our internal and external customers
- Deliver perfect launch by meeting internal and customer cost, timing, and delivery metrics
Major: Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering
- Strong problem-solving capability
- Experience coaching and mentoring other product engineers.
- Excellent understanding and experience with DFMEA, DSS, GD&T, PLM, Engineering Stacks
- Effective and positive interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, and manage multiple projects among several cross functional teams simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of complex issues, and follow through with sound engineering solutions under often urgent timing constraints
- Demonstrated ability to cooperate, maintain teamwork, and set priorities under difficult and dynamic conditions
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call 1-[Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.
Employment agencies are an important component of our talent acquisition strategy, and we value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. We will not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Nexteer Automotive or directly to hiring managers in any form without a signed Nexteer Automotive Agency Agreement on file, and search engagement for that position, will be deemed unsolicited in nature, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means. Additionally, any resume submitted without a contract in place will be considered Nexteer Automotive property and no fees will be paid to the agency if the candidate is hired.
Please note, agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by a member of Nexteer’s Human Resources team. No other Nexteer employee is authorized to bind Nexteer to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by an agency.