Electrical Hardware Integration Engineer (2023)
Description of Electrical Hardware Integration Engineer:
Work requires monitored evaluation, selection, and application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria, using originality and judgment in electronic design, adaptations and modifications. Competent in electronic design and development, from conception through release to production. Receives direction and input from the Program Team and takes responsibility for completion and follow through of project activities and deliverables of the electrical hardware design for a world class Tier 1 automotive supplier based in Saginaw Michigan.
Responsibilities for Electrical Hardware Integration Engineer:
- Create electrical schematic for a high-volume EPS customer based on core circuit blocks
- Maintain and own electrical schematic and components for assigned/legacy programs
- Create/maintain/modify Circuit Analysis and Design Documents
- Create/maintain/modify Circuit Test Plans, monitor testing activity and review test results
- Conduct ECU failure analysis to identify root cause using standard lab equipment (Oscilloscope, function generator, etc.) and provide recommendations for corrective actions
- Review PCB layout and provide recommendation to assure integrity of electrical signals on the Circuit Card Assembly
- Lead schematic review activities for assigned programs
- Interface with other functional groups (EMC, Motor Controls, Software, Sensors) to ensure integrity and accuracy of the design
- Lead/support DFMEA activities for the Control Module Hardware
Requirements for Electrical Hardware Integration Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical/Electronic Engineering. Other technical degrees will be considered with relevant Nexteer experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in electronic design of analog and digital circuits preferred.
- Experience using electronic test equipment.
- Experience with schematic capture using OrCAD (preferred), Mentor Graphics, etc.
- Experience circuit simulation and analysis.
- Experience using Pspice or Multisim for circuit analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to think things through, solve problems - quickly, efficiently and most importantly accurately.
- Innovative with a desire to new technologies.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and commitment to project completion
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving capability
- Effective and positive interpersonal skills
- Ability to set priorities, and manage multiple projects among several cross functional teams simultaneously
- Willingness to take ownership of complex issues, and follow through with sound engineering solutions under often urgent timing constraints
- Ability to cooperate, maintain teamwork, and set priorities under difficult and dynamic conditions
- Ability to travel internationally several times per year (when permitted)
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call 1-[Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.
Employment agencies are an important component of our talent acquisition strategy, and we value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. We will not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Nexteer Automotive or directly to hiring managers in any form without a signed Nexteer Automotive Agency Agreement on file, and search engagement for that position, will be deemed unsolicited in nature, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means. Additionally, any resume submitted without a contract in place will be considered Nexteer Automotive property and no fees will be paid to the agency if the candidate is hired.
Please note, agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by a member of Nexteer’s Human Resources team. No other Nexteer employee is authorized to bind Nexteer to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by an agency.