Global Supply Management Co-op 2023
The objective of the Student Programs at Nexteer Automotive is to select students with high potential and provide them with "real world" work experiences. Work assignments expose students to many of the company’s products, processes and procedures. Assignments are designed to assimilate acquired classroom education with actual hands-on work experience in a technical environment. In addition, Nexteer Automotive gains the opportunity to find new talent to enhance productivity while providing students exposure to full-time career opportunities.
Job Requisition Introductory Paragraph:
Candidate will be reporting to Nexteer’s Global Supply Management (GSM) team and will actively support GSM’s Indirect material commercial team. Candidate will assist the indirect purchasing team with a variety of internal cross functional initiatives which will also include speaking with suppliers to Nexteer.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Issue Request for Quote (RFQ) activities with suppliers.
- Consolidate supplier quotes and review with Indirect commercial buyer.
- Schedule, Coordinate and Prepare supplier sourcing information for a weekly review; capture meeting minutes and follow up activities
- Assist in New Supplier Set up requirements
- Assist in invoice resolution with suppliers
- Assist with collecting supplier ISO/TS Certifications
- Update Supplier Information within Intelex
- Warehouse Support as needed.
- Update product description in Procurement system (part number, description, picture)
- Candidate must be attending a 2-year college or 4-year university local to Saginaw
- Candidate must be pursuing a bachelor’s in Engineering, Supply Chain or Business
- Candidate must be able to work 20-32 hours during Fall and Winter semesters
- Up to 40 in the summer
- Must have cumulative 3.0 GPA on 4.0 scale
- Must be a full-time student (12 or more credits) during Fall and Winter semesters
- Candidate must have right to work in the US and not require current or future sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call [Register to View] 0" style="color:#0000FF;text-decoration:underline;">1-[Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.