Facilities Engineer - Permian
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
ConocoPhillips and its heritage companies have operated in the Permian Basin for almost 100 years.
The Permian saw significant growth in 2021 with the acquisition of Concho Resources Inc. in January 2021 and the addition of Shell’s Permian acreage in December 2021. At year-end, the company held approximately 1.5 million net acres in the Permian Basin. Net production for the Permian in 2021 was 442 MBOED. ConocoPhillips is committed to being an innovative and environmentally responsible operator, and the new technologies and practices that it is using in this area exemplify that.
Quality of Life Incentives
ConocoPhillips offers additional benefits to support employees living and maintaining a primary residence in the Midland, TX area. For more details visit\: [Register to View] and [Register to View] .
The unconventional assets in the Permian Basin are one of the company’s primary opportunities for growth and span West Texas and southeastern New Mexico. The company is well positioned in some of the most prolific and lowest cost of supply formations, with an active development program underway. ConocoPhillips is committed to being an innovative and environmentally responsible operator, and the new technologies and practices that we are using in this area exemplify this commitment.
If you are selected as the Facility Engineer, you will focus on rotating equipment for the Permian asset. The position is located in Midland TX, with primary assets located in west Texas and southeast New Mexico. The position supports our TX and NM operations of oil and gas production facilities including gas/oil gathering and water gathering/transfer facilities.
Your responsibilities may include\:
- Support rotating equipment (compression and pump) reliability and maintenance to ensure maximum availability and run-time
- Troubleshoot rotating equipment and provide recommendations to resolve operational problems; this includes both owned and leased equipment
- Provide field support for the installation, maintenance and repair of rotating equipment
- Develop formal guidance documents to leverage the best reliability practices across the Permian assets
- Organize and facilitate training opportunities for rotating equipment maintenance technicians
- Provide engineering review of capital projects to ensure reliability requirements are properly considered and incorporated into the design; perform post audits of select projects to identify gaps and future considerations
- Initiate, develop and implement projects to improve rotating equipment reliability
- Provide innovative solutions to reduce environmental footprint from existing facilities including equipment upgrades and replacements
- Provide engineering support for facility risk assessments, the Management of Change (MOC) process, defect elimination and incident investigations
- Field presence (participation in daily operations meetings, establishing relationships with operators and field leadership, and regular visits to field locations)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or foreign equivalent
- 1 years of facility engineering experience in the oil and gas industry
- 1 years of experience with hydrocarbon production operations support and troubleshooting, along with facility design and construction
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to travel 20-25% to field locations to collaborate with the operations and maintenance groups
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to regularly travel to the field locations (primarily day trips in company pool vehicle)
- 5 years of facility engineering experience in the oil and gas industry
- Desire to achieve a reasonable balance between installed cost and life-cycle cost
- Demonstrated ability to apply fundamental engineering principles towards the solution of reliability problems
- Demonstration of technical competency in the completion of assignments of increasing responsibility, complexity, and scope
- Ability and strong desire to mentor engineering colleagues and lead small teams
- Unwavering safety awareness and commitment
- Self-motivated, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work within a multi-discipline integrated team
- Exceptional communication skills to expertly present and share ideas at all levels of the organization
- Builds effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 29, 2022.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.