Global Talent Management Director
The Global Talent Management Director is responsible for building the global talent management infrastructure across Nexteer, designing and implementing global talent strategy, programs, and processes such as: Talent Acquisition, Global Career Development, and Learning & Development. They will work closely with colleagues from global business units, Human Resource Directors, and Human Resource Business Partners around the world, understanding business priorities and ensuring there is an effective plan in place to build strong, diverse talent pipelines to meet current and future needs, identifying opportunities and developing insight-driven strategies.
This position is highly visible, reporting directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) and serving as an internal advisor on leadership and executive development, succession planning, and long-term talent planning.
Seen as the subject matter leader in succession management, talent attraction, and development, this role will establish excellent relationships with key stakeholders, while leading a team of division talent management leaders.
Talent Progression & Succession:
In collaboration with senior leadership, develop, promote and facilitate Organization & Talent Review process and culture on an enterprise-wide basis.
- Provide professional expertise and support in the design, development, and implementation of the talent management processes & reporting (such as talent planning and enablement, leadership development and succession management, performance management and retention strategies) required to achieve business goals and result in the creation of an internal bench of top talent.
- Organize and lead quarterly talent reviews in collaboration with the CHRO for the successors of the C-Suite.
- Lead global GTM task team, workshops, trainings, and other events to engage talent management personnel as well as business partners in global talent management activities.
- Manage and leverage relationships with external vendors in succession planning, executive coaching, and other talent-related initiatives
- Collaborate with Total Rewards team for defining the appropriate Compensation & Benefit policy through benchmark analysis for identified and confirmed Talents
- Collaborate with Reporting & Analytics / HRIS team to:
- Monitor and report on staff /talent retention rate and understand and address impact on Talent strategy
- Enhance and automate key talent management procedures.
- Develop, initiate, and maintain effective programs for workforce retention, promotion, and succession planning and development through mobility.
- Leads the Global Talent Acquisition efforts to designing and driving the global talent strategy and talent identification processes
- Continually reviewing recruitment processes to ensure they are fit for purpose and reflect the organizational values, and potential of talents needs.
Learning & Development:
- Leads the L&D efforts to ensure effective Talent Development programs are in place and supporting career advancement and development of key talents
- Understands and brings visibility and support for workforce planning and resource forecasting
- Assesses and evaluates talents, addressing and identifying solutions for skill and training gaps
- Understands the current market recruitment trends and our own organization’s market to identify impact on the business and puts in place plans to address them
- Standardize and simplify Performance Management globally
- Approach work with a mindset of continuous improvement, collaboration, customer focus, flexibility, creativity, agility, positivity, and engagement across the team.
- Thrive for efficiency & simplicity – eliminating waste and reducing complexity.
- Build effective partnerships with all levels to gain thorough understanding of needs and impact to business as well as to define collaborative solutions and effective change management strategies.
- Train local HR teams in support of implementation of global strategies and processes as needed to ensure alignment with corporate objectives.
- Assist in developing and managing the evaluation, tracking, and reporting of talent management metrics. Research benchmark data to ensure tracking aligns with industry best practices.
A successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of:
- Strategic Thinking. By connecting the dots, following a structured thought process, and deliberately exploring vulnerabilities and threats, able to create a clear set of plans, goals, and new ideas.
• Systems Thinking. Understanding all the connections and integration points through the entire talent management & HR lifecycle.
• Data Driven Insights. Form hypotheses about talent management topics and set out to prove or disprove them with experiments and careful data collection.
• Prioritization. With a constant flow of work, both tactical and strategic, able to determine what gets done first and why, while managing a plan for what to do for everything else. Be flexible for quickly changing and competing priorities.
• Bias for Action and Dealing with VUCA world (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous). Ability to quickly carve a path when it is not clear, weighing tradeoffs, taking risks and being willing to try new things, fail fast, and iterate. Able to build talent management processes that are agile and adaptable in a quickly changing environment.
• Thinking Simple & Big. Able to create innovative ways to simplify, scale up, and be better, faster, more efficient. What aren’t we thinking of?
- Bachelor degree required / Master degree preferred in Human Resources, Business Management, or related.
- 15+ years of professional experience in Talent Management with previous experience in a global environment and as HR Director is preferred.
- Experience in Talent Management programs (such as Performance Management, Succession Planning, Talent Assessment, and Leadership & Employee Development) is essential for this role.
- Innovative & creative – able to translate projects in ways that suit the organization and the diversity of the divisions. Able to find innovative ways of solving and/or pre-empting problems.
- Excellent leadership, planning, prioritization, and project management skills.
- Great communicator and influencer by being collaborative and engaging – able to raise awareness of talent strategy and gain buy-in from the business.
- High learning agility.
- Results-driven and accountable with strong attention to detail.
- Proactive – always seeking opportunities to add value to the business through the talent agenda.
- Ability to operate individually, while portraying a strong team orientation, collaboration, and relationships skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities & high sense of urgency
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and ability for data-driven decision making.
Considered a Plus:
- Experienced in HRIS platform – Knowledge of SuccessFactors preferred
- Experienced in data analytics platforms – PowerBI preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call 1-[Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.
Employment agencies are an important component of our talent acquisition strategy, and we value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. We will not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Nexteer Automotive or directly to hiring managers in any form without a signed Nexteer Automotive Agency Agreement on file, and search engagement for that position, will be deemed unsolicited in nature, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means. Additionally, any resume submitted without a contract in place will be considered Nexteer Automotive property and no fees will be paid to the agency if the candidate is hired.
Please note, agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by a member of Nexteer’s Human Resources team. No other Nexteer employee is authorized to bind Nexteer to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by an agency.