Physical Design Manager
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
- Primary responsibilities will be managing a team to deliver timing clean physical designs for complex high-speed sub-chips (approx 50%)
- Additional responsibilities may include ownership for tape-out, synthesis from RTL, timing closure to specs
- Contributes to the development of multidimensional designs involving the layout of complex integrated circuits.
- Perform physical design feasibility analysis and schedule prediction
• Expertise with Cadence or Synopsys toolset for PnR, Synthesis, Timing Analysis.
• Familiarity with multi-clock domain Clock-Tree Synthesis (CTS)
• Understanding of timing constraints and timing reports
• Experience through all aspects of digital sub-chip delivery including CTS, Power Analysis, DRC etc.
• Strong ability to understand and act on the physical realizations of logic structures and clocking
• Ability to work with a million+ gate designs
• BSEE and 10 years
• MSEE and 8 years of experience with a strong background in physical design for high speed
• Successfully taped out multiple devices
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.