Embedded Android Engineer
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Motorola Solutions is the market leader in delivering large scale communications systems for the federal and public safety markets. These systems support the mission critical communications needs of organizations such as Police, Fire, EMS, DEA, Customs and Border Patrol, as well as many others. You will work with one of the groups that develop and test software for products at the core of Motorola Solutions communications system
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations: Software Engineers at Motorola Solutions are involved in the design and development of state of the art microprocessor-based digital communication systems. Software development phases include requirements capture, design, implementation and test. These phases will be conducted using mature software development processes such as TDD & Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of Java, Android Studio and Android SDK
- Embedded software development using Object Oriented Design
- Knowledge of C / C++, and / or Python is a plus
- Knowledge of software development in the linux kernel is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile / Scrum development methodology is a plus
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development is a plus
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal & written
- At least a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related wtih 2+ years experience or Master's degree with 0+ years of experience
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.