As a Foundry Engineer you will be responsible for the technical oversight of the Foundry Manufacturing processes within Defense Naval at the Pascagoula site. In this position you’ll gain exposure to all processes used within a Manufacturing environment, whilst also providing an opportunity for career development within a global organization.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
We’re at the forefront of innovation and experience in the Marine sector, and our product portfolio ranges from standalone products to complex integrated systems including ship design. A leading provider of propulsion and handling solutions for the maritime offshore, merchant and naval markets, we have more than 4,000 customers, with 70 naval forces and over 30,000 commercial vessels using our equipment.
- Developing and implementing foundry processes with molding, melting and casting capabilities for new and legacy products
- Initiating corrective actions of problems and casting defects to ensure product quality
- Supporting foundry manufacturing production with process routings, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system support and documentation
- Generating furnace charges from chemical analysis of raw material
- Incorporating Lean Manufacturing best practices and working in a culture focused on continuous improvement
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
- Associate’s degree in Engineering with 5+ years’ experience working in metal casting or foundry related manufacturing OR;
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 2+ years’ experience working in metal casting or foundry related manufacturing OR;
- Master’s degree in Engineering with 1+ years’ experience working in metal casting or foundry related manufacturing OR;
- In lieu of a degree, 9+ years of experience working in metal casting or foundry related manufacturing
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires US Citizenship
- Knowledge of aluminum bronze alloys and stainless steel casting practices
- Experienced in large castings (5T-80T) and no-bake molding methods
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt accreditation
- Experienced in lean manufacturing
- Proficient in MAGMA Flo, Procast or Flow-3D solidification software
Pioneer the next generation of innovation. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its brilliance.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy [Register to View] .
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are keeping our people safe by offering the option to work from home where possible and necessary. If you’re successful for this role you’ll be expected to work from home on a temporary basis. When Rolls-Royce updates the safety protocols related to COVID-19, you may be required to work in multiple spaces (home, office, alternate locations, etc.) as needed across the work week. These may vary dependent on required tasks, the needs of the team, and the focus of the organization.
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
Close Date: January , 2022