Test Engineer, Whole Engine Test -
Test Engineer, Whole Engine Test
The successful candidate will serve as a liaison between the test teams and the engine programs. They will capture test requirements, plan the test program, coordinate the test article assembly, and lead the test. Following the test, they will coordinate removal and disposition of the engine and deliver the data and a test report to the customer. The Ideal applicant for the Test Engineer role brings depth of knowledge of Rolls-Royce products, processes, organizations, and experience with the testing of gas turbine engines. A Test Engineer must be a leader with strong planning and communication skills. The tests are complex and have clear deadlines with unclear paths on how to get there, therefore the test engineer must be driven, creative and confident. This position will report to the Whole Engine Test Engineering Manager for Defense.
To ensure we continue to be pioneers of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 16,500 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of pounds worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialization, we also offer freedom to cross-specialize and develop skills across a number of different areas.
- Promotes and maintains a safe working environment.
- Applies technical principles, theories, and concepts to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Provides leadership to multi-disciplinary teams to deliver integrated technical solutions.
- Coordinates internal and external resources.
- Identifies new approaches and techniques which enhance efficiency and capability.
- Able to represent the company to external stakeholders as the authority of their test programs.
- Performs all technical and record keeping duties in conformance with company and regulatory policies and standards to meet quality and accuracy requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 2+ years of experience is required, or
- Master’s degree, or
- Must be a US Citizen to be considered for this role
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Motivated to accept responsibility and accomplish results for the customer.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects across multiple disciplines.
- Test engineering experience.
- Gas turbine related work experience.
- Efficient using office software: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Project.
Create the new standard. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy [Register to View] target="_blank">here.
At Rolls-Royce we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are keeping our people safe by offering the option to work from home where possible and necessary. This role will require the successful candidate to be on site mostly full time for a significant training period and then, when appropriate, an estimated 50/50 home/work balance would be allowed.
Closing date: April 11, 2022