We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
News 12 Connecticut is looking for an aggressive, self-starting Multimedia Journalist. The ideal candidate should be able to generate story ideas, develop sources, pursue leads, and produce and present stories and other content for all platforms including social media. Must be able to shoot, write and edit clearly and creatively. Must also be capable of operating assigned camera and editing gear. We’re looking for motivated local journalists willing to dive deeply into community issues and do stories that matter. Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism or Communications preferred, Master’s degree is a plus.
• 4 - 5 years full-time professional news reporting experience.
• Ability to work independently in a one man band, backpack, multimedia environment.
• Ability to edit on non-linear systems i.e. Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier.
• Knowledge of local and national current events, newsmakers, and issues.
• Knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism.
• Excellent news writing ability for all platforms including social media
• Expected to write web/digital copy for all stories
• Proficiency in current and emerging newsgathering and production technologies.
• Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately in high pressure situations.
• Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
• Ability to lift, carry and maneuver up to 40lbs.
• Ability to work inside a climate controlled office/studio environment and outside in all weather conditions including extremes in hot and cold temperature, wet or humid conditions.
• Flexibility to work any assigned shift with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays; or longer shifts due to “breaking news”.
• Bilingual Spanish a plus
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our [Register to View] for further details.