Research Analyst, Traditional Markets Research
Address:4380 S Macadam Avenue
Job Family Group:Customer Solutions
BMO Wealth Management provides personal wealth management services to individuals and families across the wealth spectrum including Mass Affluent, High Net Worth, and Ultra-High Net Worth. BMO Family Office is a multi-family office that serves the Ultra-High Net Worth segment of BMO Wealth Management. The Research Team is a part of BMO Family office and provides investment services to all segments of BMO Wealth Management. The Traditional Research Team is a segment of the Research Team that conducts due diligence on third-party, publicly traded equity and fixed income asset managers.
The Research Analyst is responsible for the monitoring of existing asset managers that are approved for investment by the Traditional Research team. The Research Analyst will work with senior and director-level professionals in leading due diligence on new strategies and/or market research. Other responsibilities include data collection enabling the analysis of strategy performance and portfolio holdings. The Research Analyst may be called on to provide analysis to internal committees, requiring strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Gathering and organizing information from asset managers and analyzing the data in a manner that is useful the Traditional Research team and the broader organization
- Participating in meetings with equity and fixed income asset managers
- Engaging in research projects related to equity and fixed income asset classes and strategies
- Working with senior members of the Traditional Research team on new investment ideas
- Reports to: Directors, Research (Traditional Markets Research)
- This role does not have management responsibilities
Knowledge and Skills
- Undergraduate degree required
- CFA, CAIA, or equivalent; or working toward professional designation
- Excellent writing skills for internal and external research documentation
- Established competency with various computer programs, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Inherent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Appreciation for work in a team environment, adhering to highest ethical standards
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at [Register to View] .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.