Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems.
Everyday, 8.5 million New Yorkers depend on our systems to support the first-responders that keep them safe and the civil servants that provide essential services. The New York City Systems Integration Team supports the design and implementation of Public Safety Radio Communications Systems for all City
The Project Manager position is responsible for implementing Communication System Projects throughout the territory. The PM leads the project by ensuring the entire contractual scope is delivered on , within budget and with high quality and customer satisfaction. The Project manager is a key leader within the territory Project Management team. The Project Manager manages via matrix management a team of engineers, technicians and subcontractors. The Project Manager demonstrates leadership skills and works with organization within MSI all while maintaining customer focus.
- Project adherence to contracted scope , budget and quality. PM tools (schedule, critical path analysis, budget, change order, risk assessment, action item log, etc.) to analyze complex issues and develop resolutions for any issues related to assigned project(s) for the assigned project(s).
- The Project Manager will be responsible for the entire assigned project as well as any related internal processes including:
- ERAs, Forecasting, Workbench, Kissflow, Planview, Invoicing Requests, and Revenue Tracking
- Additional processes may include meeting minutes, contractual reports, meeting organization, inventory control, equipment tracking, and oversight of all project deliverables
Additional Preferred Knowledge/Skills:
- PMP is preferred
- Experience in Public Safety Communications, Microwave, MPLS, Cellular, Military Communications, Civil Construction or IT a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft ( EXCEL, OFFICE, PowerPoint, Project)
- Working knowledge of GOOGLE ( Sheets, Docs, mail)
- Teams or Sharepoint knowledge a plus
Up to 50% travel in the field - travel will be between the 5 boroughs
- Bachelors Degree in either Project Management or a related technical field preferred with 4+ years of relevant experience
- OR 6+ years of experience in Project Management
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.