Audit Manager - Global Banking
At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our New York, New York office.
As our Audit Manager, you will lead general audit activities across the Bank and Consumer Finance Corporation to include operations, personal financial services, consumer finance, commercial credit, retail brokerage, compliance, finance and corporate support. You will provide independent, objective assurance over the Group’s internal control framework and assists business line management by bringing a detailed, disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. Coordinates monitoring and continual assessment of strategic, credit, operational and other risks from business activities. Prepares and delivers written evaluations and recommendations to executive management team, and for review by the corporate board, audit committee and external regulators. Ensures external audit or regulatory criticisms of assigned businesses are corrected.
Our purpose – Opening up a world of opportunity – explains why we exist. We’re here to use our unique expertise, capabilities, breadth and perspectives to open up new kinds of opportunity for our more than 40 million customers. We’re bringing together the people, ideas and capital that nurture progress and growth, helping to create a better world – for our customers, our people, our investors, our communities and the planet we all share.
Here’s what you might expect on a typical day:
Banking and Capital Markets Audit Leading and Execution
- Audit banking, capital markets, investment banking, mergers and acquisitions and structured finance products.
- Handles development, design and execution of audit scope for assigned segments and recommend related overall audit plan coverage
- Ability to perform Design and Operative Effectiveness testing controls within business area
- Ability to manage stakeholder relationships and perform Continuous Monitoring Activities to identify and assess the impact of the key inherent risks on the Control Environment
- Assists management in the assessment of planned controls for high risk project activities for businesses supported; recommend appropriate project life cycle controls to ensure end results do not pose undue organizational risks
- Maintains current knowledge of business, organizational, audit and technological changes as well as pertinent internal and regulatory policy and procedural requirements to ensure audit integrity, process innovation and service quality. Make adjustments to audit methods and systems as appropriate; interact with other Group Audit areas to develop coordinated approaches and use expertise as appropriate
- Ensures value-added audit work is completed in accordance with Group Audit Standards Manual (GASM) and Group Audit North America Instruction manual (GANA IM) requirements