At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our Depew, New York office.
Distributed Compute (DC) provides the solutions and services that enable the Enterprise Server Systems to operate on a daily basis for all Business Lines within HSBC. It consists of Compute as a Service (CaaS), Linux, Windows, Production Support, Business Management and Risk & Compliance Agile Pod Clusters. DCacts as the face of Unix/Linux/Windows platforms within IT Infrastructure Delivery to HSBC internal customers.
The Automation Engineer will be part of CaaS Cluster which provides engineering, provisioning, and demising services on x86 hardware and Virtualization platform. You will be responsible for the automation solution provided by CaaS which requires developing, managing deployment, reporting and project solutions with scripting, automation and orchestration tools. As an Automation Engineer, he contributes to integrating automation processes to improve efficiency in the end-to-end infrastructure provisioning and construct telemetry and dashboards. Provide technical guidance, support, creating knowledge base for the automation solutions. The role holder works closely with PODs within Distributed Compute and often liaises with other IT teams for solution design.
The Automation Engineer will be involved with:
- Designing and communicating complex automation workflows, playbooks and documents
- Drive the creation of technical test plans and records, including unit and integration tests, within automated test environments to ensure code quality
- Define, deploy and manage processes and tools for continuous integration (CI/CD), test-driven development, and release management
- Liaise with other engineers and architects’ teams within HSBC and the product or service’s direction
- Work with Agile methodology, participate in stakeholder/delivery team calls
- Strong communications skills
- Able to understand requirements and convert these into solutions
- Able to review and provide improvement suggestions
- Able to guide the team with necessary skills