Who are we? We’re partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That’s the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
We believe in cultivating an environment that breeds opportunity and encourages people to be the best version of themselves. Our team members see work as more than just a job—it’s a career built on passion, grit and ambition. From achieving personal success to lifting others up to do the same, we all rise together. We help people achieve their goals—and then some. Our culture is centered around making an impact. We believe in doing what we love and encouraging others to do the same. Whatever direction you’re headed, you’ll find talented, driven and passionate members of the TEKsystems family creating meaningful work.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the monthly reconciliation and analysis of balance sheet accounts, and multiple payroll, operating, and concentration bank accounts. The position is also responsible for monthly preparation of recurring and ad-hoc journal entries required for the month-end close. Other responsibilities include supporting the A/R teams in processing write-offs, assisting in the annual audit, and maintaining accounting documentation. A qualified candidate must have strong communication and problem solving skills, and must be extremely detailed oriented and organized. The individual also needs to be professional, accountable, and action-oriented.
- Prepare and enter journal entries
- Reconcile and analyze balance sheet accounts to research and resolve discrepancies and identify trends
- Reconcile bank statements to identify, research, and resolve discrepancies
- Other projects as assigned
- Process AR write-offs
- Assist in pulling and consolidating audit documentation
Required Education and/or Experience:
- 4 year degree in accounting, or business / finance with significant coursework in accounting
- Understanding of accrual based accounting
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to set priorities to meet deadlines
- Strong follow up skills
- Exhibits professionalism
- Flexible team player who enjoys working independently and with other team members
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment to meet or exceed deadlines, and desire to take on additional responsibility