Federal - Machine Learning Intern - Summer 2022
Novetta/Accenture Federal Services is seeking Interns to research, design, and develop innovative machine learning solutions for internal and external customers. In this internship you'll work on significant projects in fields such as NLP, computer vision, IoT, and cyber security. Interns have opportunities to demo to senior Novetta/Accenture Federal Services leadership, author Novetta/Accenture Federal Services blog posts, and undertake speaking engagements at prestigious conferences.
We’re looking for students who are ready to learn and want to make an impact. If that sounds appealing to you - we’d love to chat.
- Contribute to projects spanning multiple subject areas, from NLP to Cloud to Image and Video Analysis
- Learn about state-of-the-art machine learning techniques, methods, and platforms, with a focus on open source software
- Implement, configure, and test machine learning and deep learning libraries and platforms (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, fast.ai)
- Become familiar with and utilize elements of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem
- Write blog posts and presentations that clearly communicate complex machine learning concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Contribute to modern, web-enabled prototype applications that illustrate relevant machine learning capabilities
Here's What You Need:
- High levels of curiosity, creativity, and problem solving capabilities
- Experience (or coursework) with Python, R, Java, or other programming languages
- Experience (or coursework) with machine learning, computer science, or statistics
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Applicants must be eligible for US security clearance; all clearances require US citizenship
Bonus Points if You Have:
- Research experience in Machine Learning specific to Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, or deep learning
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS
- Experience with containerization (Docker and Kubernetes)
- US Citizenship required
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture Federal Services provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $102,100 - $166,700 and information on benefits offered is [Register to View]
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the [Register to View] .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 [Register to View] , send us an [Register to View] or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.