Supply Chain & Operations Management Consulting Senior Manager
Supply Chain, and we move fast, think fast, and work fast. Our Fortune 500 clients need big-picture change, so we come at their challenges from all sides with functional insights, data power, digital leadership, and extensive industry know-how. It’s our job to show clients how to take major leaps forward in planning, procurement, manufacturing, and fulfillment while becoming more sustainable and resilient. How do we do it? We call out the most important metrics. We cut costs, optimize capital, improve response times and consider ESG values. We connect suppliers and customers across the extended supply chain. And we create strategies and operating models that really work.
A Supply Chain and Operations professional who helps clients develop strategies and operating models that integrate planning, procurement, product design, manufacturing, and/or fulfillment functions within an organization, as well as connect suppliers and customers across the extended supply chains. You use your data skills to develop and implement strategies that improve the entire supply chain process by applying cost efficiency, increasing business effectiveness, and creating synergies and collaboration across companies. You’ve also got the communication skills to make sure that everyone understands your ideas and how to get them working as quickly as possible. Your experience means that people look to you for guidance and ideas. And you know how to make sure teams get their work done on time, every time.
- Find solutions to clients’ supply chain and operations related challenges
- Spot and solve challenges using your analytical skills to dive into data and check that against the real world
- Lead workshops that look for ways to improve organizations and processes
- Determine what methods and procedures to use when completing projects
- Give clients insights that help make their companies work better, faster, and more efficiently
- Challenge legacy ways of working using constructive techniques that fuel client growth
- Use digital tech to help clients find new ways to make their organizations more effective and efficient
- Lead small to medium sized teams with diverse backgrounds skills and knowledge
- Effectively manage and coach others, collaborating with internal and external parties
- Support client sales origination and thought leadership development
- Ensure that projects help clients meet their key goals
- Drive a positive impact in the communities where we work and live
- Use the latest analytical tools and digital tech to help clients find new ways to understand how to make their organizations more effective and efficient
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
Racking-up those air miles will have to wait, as weekly non-essential travel to client sites Monday through Thursday is currently suspended. For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Here’s what you need:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working on Supply Chain initiatives
- Minimum of 8 years of external experience at a consulting firm or 8 years of internal consulting experience in a role equivalent to Senior Manager level within industry
- A Bachelor’s Degree
Bonus points if:
- You have a deep specialization in one or more of the following: procurement or 3rd party cost takeout initiatives; forecasting, supply chain planning and inventory optimization; manufacturing production experience in either continuous or discrete manufacturing environments
- You have the proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- You excel in building and developing relationships, overseeing complex programs and demonstrating leadership
- You’ve earned an MBA or equivalent graduate degree
- You have a functional-level understanding of technology solutions
- Lean or Six Sigma qualifications
- You can use the latest data analytics tools to spot opportunities for improvement
- Prior experience in driving insights using visualization tools (i.e. Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx) and analytics tools (i.e. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the [Register to View] .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 [Register to View] , send us an [Register to View] or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.