As a Strategic Buyer for Rolls-Royce, you’ll play an integral role in developing the Defense purchasing strategy across various commodities and executing that strategy through effective sourcing and negotiation with suppliers. This is an exciting opportunity, as you’ll interface with a range of senior internal stakeholders and drive success to improve cost, quality, delivery and performance.
At Rolls-Royce, we look beyond tomorrow. We continually pioneer integrated power and propulsion solutions to deliver cleaner, safer and more competitive power.
To ensure we continue to be pioneers of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 16,500 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of pounds worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialization, we also offer freedom to cross-specialize and develop skills across a number of different areas.
- Being at the forefront of commercial negotiations to achieve the best overall value for Rolls-Royce
- Taking a significant role in crafting Defense commodity strategies
- Building relationships with suppliers
- Identifying and developing new suppliers to create joint, long-term visions for partnership with Defense programs
- Representing the Defense SCU to internal program and purchasing stakeholders
- Working with the respective supplier management teams to manage major contractual issues and ensure efficient and effective resolution
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic
- An Associate’s degree with 8+ years of experience in purchasing OR;
- A Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of experience in purchasing OR;
- A Master’s degree with 2+ years of experience in purchasing OR;
- In lieu of a degree, 12+ years of experience in purchasing
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be a US Citizen
- Commercial negotiation experience
- Previous operational, procurement and/or logistics experience
Pioneer the next generation of innovation. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its brilliance.
Pioneers of Power
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy [Register to View] .
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Relocation assistance will be provided if applicable
Close Date: April 8, 2022