Director, Change Activation Business Development (Root)
Strategy and culture activation experts. Because a strategy that doesn’t get implemented is merely a suggestion. A lonely, unloved whisper of what could be but probably never will. Root, a critical member of Accenture’s Talent and Organization practice, has been turning strategic frowns upside down for organizations around the world. Transplanting their strategic plans directly from the minds of leadership and into the hearts of the rank and file. Our core belief is that people are both the key to success and the reason a company should want to succeed. Using a blend of creative, interactive, experiential, and engaging methods, we activate, motivate, and inspire our clients and their people to accelerate the speed of change.
- Truly a client fanatic. You have a passion for collaborating, creating, and innovating. You enjoy working with extremely talented left-brained and right-brained people to create meaningful experiences that change the trajectory of organizations and their people. You want to be part of that unique composition of people that is our secret sauce and key to the success of our client engagement.
- You’re a sales guru. You have a passion for sales, networking, building relationships with C-suite people, and closing deals. Engaging in a process that involves investigating, meeting, probing, applying, convincing, and “tying it up” is near and dear to your heart. You relate well with abbreviations like CRM, B2B, SOW, and RFP.
- You’re a hunter. You thrive in an environment where you can create something out of nothing, initiate conversations, and grow business. Your follow-up and follow-through are out of this world.
- You’re a natural collaborator. You juggle the needs of your prospects and clients, and, on occasion, move heaven and earth so that at the end of the day, you close the deal. You’re a team player and love collaborating with knowledge experts on visual and creative ways to solve client problems.
- You excel with selling intangibles. You love solving client problems and making other people’s lives better. Shaping solutions and consulting using Root’s unique capabilities, solutions, and expertise with Fortune 1000 clients is the equation for a perfect day.
On any given day at Root, you might…
- Navigate it to happen. This is where you put your heart and soul – prospecting interactions, meeting stakeholders, crafting proposals, driving meaningful outcomes, managing procurement, and shepherding legal activities to close big deals – you’re a jack-of-all-sales-trades.
- Learn about a client and what’s really happening in their business. We work closely with clients to learn everything about their business and how we can help them grow and face whatever challenges they have in connecting their people to levers of change. It’s pretty darn interesting to learn what happens behind the scenes at Fortune 1000 companies.
- Generate opportunities. Attending conferences or events, following up on marketing-generated leads, mining your network and relationships, pursuing dormant account growth with the support of others and referrals are sure pathways to success.
- Cultivate relationships. Whether it’s external with our prospects and clients or internal with fellow Root employees, you establish relevancy and develop close partnerships. You believe that nothing gets done right at the expense of others. You’re a relationship expert and you create value through consulting and scoping solutions. You speak the same language as the client, understand what keeps them up at night, and cater your interaction and offerings accordingly.
- Partner with awesomely talented people. You’ll work with other sales professionals, consultants, project managers, and marketing to create meaningful client engagements.
Here’s what you need:
- Minimum of 5 years in a consultative sales role in a human capital consulting or professional services organization
- Proven track record of successful consulting sales, particularly related to complex solution sales
- Bachelor's degree
- In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, twelve years of related professional experience
- If Associate’s degree, six years of related professional experience
Bonus points if you have:
- An ability to build, maintain, and manage multiple relationships at the most senior levels within client organizations
- A proven track record in winning new business; negotiating, pitching and closing professional services deals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, CRM software, and contract drafting
- Demonstrated commitment, teamwork, and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
- High energy level, focus and ability to work well in demanding client environments
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and decision-making abilities
- Unquestionable professional integrity, credibility, and character
For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only. Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $113,000 - $195,000 and information regarding benefits may be found [Register to View] .
Open to remote/virtual work arrangement for individuals who maintain a primary residence within a reasonable commuting distance (i.e. 90 minute one-way drive) to a U.S.-based Accenture office.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. [Register to View]
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the [Register to View] .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 [Register to View] , send us an [Register to View] or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.