Lead Software Development Engineer
Location: Cary, NC - Hybrid work arrangement. (In office 3 days per week. Remote 2 days per week.)
Role Value Proposition:
As a Global Integration Platform team, our mission is to design, build and manage the next generation integration platforms including APIs using cloud native technologies. We have developed a world-class, cloud-native, multi-tenant platform to enable digital channels such as online, mobile, call center and emerging channels such as intelligent assistants. The platform runs in a fully containerized, elastic cloud environment and is designed to scale to serve the digital needs of our customers.
We are looking for a Lead Software Developer with a track record of designing and implementing large and complex technology projects at a global scale. The ideal candidate would have a solid foundation in hands-on software development and design. To be successful in this role, the candidate would require a balance of product-centric technical expertise and navigating complex deployments with multiple systems and teams. This role would include engagement with multiple teams and projects.
- Technical design and development of software applications on existing technology platform.
- Analyze business needs and present solution options that include high level technical design.
- Implement technical solutions using cloud technologies and frameworks.
- Provide technical governance to ensure compliance with standards and best practices.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement by monitoring the operating efficiency of existing application systems.
- Collaborate with IT partners in the analysis, design, and implementation of enterprise grade software systems.
- Actively participate in all stages of the SDLC.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Experience implementing scalable and performant software applications using cloud computing technologies such as Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.
- Experience in application development using Spring Boot, Java and Groovy.
- Hands on experience developing applications that use with Big Data technologies such as HBase, Solr, Gremlin and MongoDB.
- Minimum of 5+ years of software design and development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Hands on experience automating containerized environments and infrastructure. Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Designing REST APIs using Open API specification.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience in performance debugging, testing and tuning.
- Highly motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended.
- Working independently and able to manage large scale projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Global Technology & Operations
Number of Openings:
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.