Finance Reporting Analyst - UK&I Finance Excellence Team
JOB TITLEFinance Reporting Analyst - UK&I Finance Excellence Team
The UKI Finance team currently consists of c.70 colleagues across Commercial Finance, Controlling, Finance Excellence and a local Data & Analytics Hub, to partner the business locally in the market and up to the 5 Business Units and groups. The Finance Excellence Team (FET) is a core pillar within the Unilever Finance Operating Model, working closely with both Marketing and Customer Development teams, delivering outstanding business information, process, and analytics to drive insightful business performance. Working within the UKI FET provides individuals with the opportunity to experience the fast-paced operational environment, and to get directly involved in steering front-line business performance and partnering with the organization.
The role of the FET Reporting Analyst is to provide the whole UK&I business with standard daily, weekly, and monthly reports that enable effective performance management of the business. The team needs to work closely together to ensure that all of the reports are accurate and published within agreed timelines. Business information requirements are constantly changing, so the team needs to continue to improve existing reports and create new ones where new needs emerge.
- Liaise with central Data and Analytics team for production, reconciliation and improvement of UK&I internal reporting requirements e.g. daily sales report
- Complete monthly central reporting interfacing with teams across the globe
- Manage security access groups and requirements for the UKI
- Support on S&OP & Month End Close cycles
- Provide ad-hoc data support to the business to drive decision making
- Project support on building and rolling out new reports & analytics to the business
- Co-ordination and management of various internal processes as needed
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to relate and reference integrity across multiple outputs
- Problem-solving skills – ability to handle complex sets of data and find sources of error with speed
- Well-developed Excel skills – ability to manipulate large volumes of data efficiently and accurately
- Partnering & influencing skills to maintain engagement with key stakeholders in CD and develop a deep understanding of their information needs.
- Information navigation - ability to organize data and reports clearly and meaningful for the business
- Strong team player – contributes to driving a performance culture in the team, and works with a “one team” mentality to ensure that all deliverables and objectives of the team are met on time in full
- Working knowledge of Power Query, Power Pivot, and Power BI would be an asset
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Dove, Tresemme, Lynx, Lifebuoy, Shea Moisture, Persil, Domestos, Ben & Jerry’s, Magnum, Marmite, The Vegetarian Butcher, Graze and Pot Noodle.
Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’
In September 2020, Unilever announced the intention to build a new sustainable campus site in Kingston, London to house the employees who currently work in 100 Victoria Embankment in Blackfriars, Lever House in Kingston, Unilever House in Leatherhead and Graze in Richmond. We are creating our own Unilever sustainable, agile work environment, purposefully bringing us together in our own Unilever ecosystem. The campus is due to be completed in early 2025 and will consist of two interconnected buildings, as well as landscaped surrounding areas.
What We Offer
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and pension scheme, we also offer an annual bonus, free gym, a discounted staff shop and shares. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and hybrid working environment.
Whilst the role is advertised on a full-time basis, we would be happy to discuss possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you. We are a key advocate of wellbeing and offer a variety of support for our people including hubs, programmes and development opportunities. We strive to achieve a family-friendly and inclusive workplace and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity. We are also more than happy to provide reasonable adjustments during our application and interview process to enable you to be present your best self. To find out more, including about our Employee Resource Groups, please click here [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Unilever | Unileveropens in a new window.
Cyber criminals advertise fake job adverts with prestigious employers as a way of stealing information or even defrauding individuals out of money. In the most sophisticated cases, they will set up fake websites, which have a similar address to companies like Unilever. They even conduct fake telephone interviews and then offer candidates a role with the proviso they pay a fee for background checks or to cover work visa costs. These types of attacks are becoming more common as more people are looking for employment in the economic climate.
How is Unilever tackling this?
Many of Unilever’s recruitment sites publish a warning to candidates about recruitment fraud. The Cyber Security team also proactively scan for signs of people setting up fake Unilever sites and act to close them down.
What can I do?
If you become aware of potential recruitment fraud, spot fake Unilever recruitment adverts or fake LinkedIn profiles, report them via Una Live Chat.
Unilever does not accept responsibility or liability for any candidates who are financially impacted by recruitment fraud. Your vigilance is key!