BBII - Designer
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
Responsible for, but not limited to, the calculation, design and project tracking of RF engineering and as-build to support the rollout of subscriber/commercial services and provision of quality signal for broadband voice, video, and data services. Maintenance of company-wide mapping and design for support in a manner that ensures that all company technical requirements and mapping standards are adhered to, thereby creating a cohesive network across the organization and ensuring customer satisfaction through a high level of operational efficiency.
Responsible for the field survey, design, engineering, as-build, and quality control of cable plant and system components from the node throughout the distribution & FTTH networks.
- Perform standard engineering drafting and design tasks utilizing both manual and various software application methods. Usage of AutoCAD, ROW, PNI and Netwin technology.
- The ability to prepare and revise as necessary and appropriate, technical drawings applicable to any planned or existing telecommunications plant. Introduction to GIS objects for the network maps.
- Quality Control/Quality Assurance of incoming GIS data and mapping regarding reports, mapping, object relationships, specifications, and as-build criteria.
- Possess a level of competence pertaining to map reading, interpretation, and creation, from a variety of sources; including but not limited to cable systems, utilities, engineering firms, mechanical and architectural, and map vendors.
- Ability to configure plots, create plot templates, and manipulate symbology for purposes of plotting for planning, engineering, design, field and presentation purposes.
- Performs tasks relating to various types of surveys, including, but not limited to, those that are institutional, residential, commercial, and or WiFi; building entry to demarcation points for network feeds and WiFi placement for optimal coverage. Compilation of complex footage documentation (construction types), cost analysis for estimation, methods of construction and installation of the broadband network.
- Complete Netcracker (ETS) tasks for a multi location customer order.
- Occasional interaction with Construction and Field Service departments (installer through plant maintenance), Billing and Collections, and Sales to insure design accuracy for purposes of scheduled construction and release to installation for customer satisfaction.
- Possess a high level of skill in the use of various computer software programs; MS Office (Excel) & windows, to be used in the calculation of project costs applicable to PAR/BOM for labor and materials.
- Possesses a working knowledge of technical aspects and company standards of the cable system generally, for the purpose of enabling the designer to plan, design, update and manage the RF, FTTH, and WiFi facilities within the company footprint.
- Capable of project and tracking for scheduling. Understanding of design/construction procedures: aerial & underground construction methods.
- Understanding of distortions for system specifications.
- Responsible to performing any and all administrative tasks through use of appropriate company documentation relating to any and all design activities, by ensuring documentation is completed in a full and accurate manner.
- Project tracking, costs and monitoring of design and construction schedules, fiber design, aerial and underground construction to meet projected timetables.
- Responsible for meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis. Responsible for performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all ATS policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work-related equipment is utilized and maintained in a safe and responsible manner. Responsible for ensuring all work-related tasks are performed in a manner that is in compliance with OSHA safety rules and regulations, and all applicable laws.
- Interacts with multiple cable system engineering, construction and field service departments regarding aspects of system setup, design, walkout and quality control of these functions. Thorough understanding of field routing; splicing, aerial, underground, building attachment and MDU for CATV, data, and telephony requirements.
- Activities associated with system layout, strand mapping, splicing fiber, pole attachments, replacement and rebuild of cable plant.
- Assists with public relations with customers, city, county and state officials and utility companies.
- Complies with safety guidelines as laid out in ATS safety manual.
- May performs duties for the supervisor/manager that may be necessary from time to time.
- Performs all duties of all previous grades, including continued field survey work as needed.
- Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities as described in the Design Tech BBI position descriptions, in full and adequate manner
- Technical Training or Equivalent experience.
- Valid Driver's License
- Min 6 months exp as a Design Tech BBI
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Knowledge of all mdu, aerial, underground and BA design and construction, including technical familiarity with CATV system plant components and home wiring.
- Knowledge of WiFi design and placement for coverage
- Knowledge of splicing, aerial and underground construction procedures and specifications for cost estimating.
- Knowledge of mdu and B/A construction procedures and specifications for cost estimating.
- Knowledge of grounding and bonding specifications as necessary for design completeness.
- Knowledge of complete safety precautions.
- Knowledge of PC/ computer skills.
- Ability to read various maps. (Road and Systems)
- Knowledge of the following products and specification but not limited to:
- CATV Nodes, Line Gear, and passives
- Power Supplies and specs
- All cable specs and manufacturers
- Ability to obtain and maintain proper driver's license
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with dynamic changes to meet the needs of the business
- Introduction to customer complaints
- Use ETS/PAR Database, Run reports
- Ability to perform HFC Designs, Including Standard Installs, smaller Designs, Simple Node Splits, Fiber Design for Commercial, Residential and B2B
- Ability to perform FTTH Designs, Including Pocketing and Cell Design
- Knowledge of FTTH Feeder & Backhaul Design (Includes ROLTs)
- Knowledge of RFS (Ready for Service) process
- Ability to QC FTTH Distribution Pocketing & Designs to release
- Ability to QC FTTH Feeder & Backhaul Design (Includes ROLTs) and release
- Troubleshooting - repair / replace cable and equipment (aerial and U/G) designs
- Understanding of all design prints and symbols
- Effective interaction with other groups inside and outside of ATS
- Attend DOT and project site meetings
- Mark up DOT Mapping
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.