Advanced Installation Technician
Lightpath is one of the largest competitive local exchange carriers in the tri-state area. We own and operate our infrastructure "from the ground up" by deploying over 20,000 route miles connecting 13,500 on-net/LIT buildings, With a strong portfolio of cutting edge solutions for Internet, WAN, Voice, SD-WAN, Security & Cloud services, we enable Enterprise customers of all sizes the ability to react to new challenges while developing best practices for the future. With Lightpath’s continued focus on network excellence and a “customer first” service commitment, we are building a workforce of the best talent that will meet the needs of our customers and reflect the diverse communities we serve.
- Works under the direction of the Field Operations Manager.
- Performs Installation, Maintenance and ISP related job responsibilities.
- Responsibilities of this position include but not limited to support for Metro Ethernet, Sonet, Optical and Carrier Ware transport technologies.
- Ability to support network configurations, troubleshooting, diagnosing and maintaining a variety of enterprise voice and data WAN/LAN communication services.
- Must interface with all internal departments, external client vendors and NMC support personnel to solve complex network problems.
- Conduct advance maintenance and support for all compact AC/DC systems that provide modular power requirements for Telecommunications equipment. Install, replace and maintain 12V power supply systems and DC batteries.
- Ensure all company technical requirements are followed and all Lightpath policies and practices are adhered to.
- Perform installation, turn-up and maintenance of Lightpath services at various Data Centers and Customer locations throughout the local area.
- Configure, install, test and support Fiber Optic based Voice and Data services for our business customers.
- Manage the receipt of customer work-orders and trouble tickets, dispatching to the customer locations and data centers as needed to complete assignments.
- Support all Lightpath Telecommunications equipment.
- Provide advanced network support for IP based solutions and configurations.
- Provide onsite support to clients, working with Network Management Center (NMC) to identify and correct root cause.
- Conduct extensive testing at client demark locations for Voice, Data, Internet and Ethernet services.
- Connect AC or DC power to various types of Telecommunications equipment and verify back up battery functionality as required.
- Configure customer edge equipment per Design Layout Record (DLR) using the latest Methods & Procedures documentation
- Receive daily assignments from Work Force Management System and/or Trouble Ticket system. Will ensure all deadlines and MTTR requirements are met.
- Interface with internal departments, customers, external client vendors and NMC support personnel to solve complex network issues.
- Responsible for accurate data entry into various Lightpath databases. Including all applicable testing results and photos of work completed
- Operates and maintains company vehicle, test equipment and inventory, per company guidelines.
- Travel regionally to perform duties.
- Participate in a 24x7 on call rotation as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience installing, provisioning and repairing of telecommunications equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry certifications preferred (I.e., CCIP, CCNP, MEF).
- Thorough understanding of all phases of network installation, including Ethernet, DWDM, CWDM, VOIP, WAN/LAN and TCP/IP applications
- Must have advanced level understanding of the following protocols, architectures, operating systems, programming languages or tools: TCP/IP, OSPF, Ethernet, Network Protocol Analyzers, Traceroute, Ping, SNMP.
- Valid state driver’s license applicable to state law.
- Experience with telecommunications test equipment (VeEX TX320, TX340, Optical DATA analyzers, Fiber Optic Light meters, AC and DC power meters)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting and conflict resolution skills.
Lightpath is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Lightpath collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.