Associate Director - Sourcing & Procurement
- Develop & execute animal and animal related category strategies that deliver breakthrough change and have extensive and significant positive financial impact across the business. Execute strategic sourcing initiatives following the category sourcing process
- Use extensive strategic sourcing experience to impact category strategies and category knowledge to build credibility among key members of management team, and expand scope of influence of Sourcing
- Provide directional leadership, vision and guidance to assigned members of Strategic Sourcing team. Develop, coach and mentor key talent to build a world-class strategic sourcing organization
- Work with company leadership to identify, manage and prioritize the sourcing and procurement of category spend, aligning with the companywide goals and objectives
- Develop / manage relationships with key suppliers that can deliver sustainable value to all global LabCorp businesses.
- Acting as a financial steward, spearhead and manage project teams to significantly reduce total cost of ownership while meeting and enhancing business financial goals and objectives (costs, service, quality, policies, supply & risk mitigation)
- Follow an extensively heightened service excellence approach to exceed on customers’ expectations. Apply management concepts to deliver on time commitments. Build and maintain trusting working relationships by permanently assessing on needs and delivering upon those
- Develop, implement and direct efficient tactical sourcing; provide a plan to transfer as much sourcing work as possible from tactical to strategic
- 5-7 years of global experience of leading a Sourcing, Supply Chain and Purchasing/Procurement team of people in category management and strategic sourcing.
- Experience leading a geographically dispersed team.
- Demonstrated vision, strategy, and growth experience.
- Experience interacting directly with external suppliers and leading supplier discussions when warranted.
- Strong problem solving, process management and decisions making skills.
- Ability to analyze process flows to identify gaps, risks and impediments.
- Creativity and flexibility in analytical skills to develop appropriate solutions.
- Strong management skills and demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally.
- Ability to communicate, influence and motivate effectively across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize KPIs, metrics and other relevant benchmarking data in order to provide assessments and recommendations for improvements.
- Has a demonstrated continuous improvement mindset with the ability to ask critical questions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Sufficient organizational skills and ability to carry out multiple and intricate tasks.
- Flexibility in scheduling and work non-core work days/shifts to support global requirements.
Education/Qualifications/Certifications and Licenses Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sourcing, Supply Chain, Business, Finance or other relevant degree
- Recommended: Advance degree, MBA or Masters in Supply Chain preferred
- Professional designations/certifications: CPM, CIPS, or equivalent are nice to have but not required with advanced degree or strong work experience
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] [Register to View] target="_blank">.