Business Planning Analyst
Lightpath is one of the largest competitive local exchange carriers in the tri-state area. We own and operate our infrastructure "from the ground up" by deploying over 20,000 route miles connecting 13,500 on-net/LIT buildings, With a strong portfolio of cutting edge solutions for Internet, WAN, Voice, SD-WAN, Security & Cloud services, we enable Enterprise customers of all sizes the ability to react to new challenges while developing best practices for the future. With Lightpath’s continued focus on network excellence and a “customer first” service commitment, we are building a workforce of the best talent that will meet the needs of our customers and reflect the diverse communities we serve.
The Financial Analyst – Business Planning will provide direct support to the Manager, Business Planning Financial Operations in the development of operating and financial plans as well as operating expense budgets. He/she will track, report and analyze the operational expenses and key metrics performance throughout the year.
- Assist in the development of annual operating budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Support the financial systems responsibilities of the budget process and monthly expense reporting.
- Analyze and budget for selective Lightpath operating departments, working with the Manager.
- Track and analyze key operating metrics and financial performance to facilitate management team decision-making.
- Ensure timely and accurate updates of monthly/quarterly expense reports.
- Track and monitor performance activity of key drivers against the expense budget to aid decision-making.
- Develop and manage models to assist in key business decisions.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures regarding processing of requisitions and payments.
- Three – five years finance experience with strong analysis skills
- Ability to work closely with other functions
- Ability to develop ad-hoc analysis as needed
- College degree in accounting or finance with strong analysis skills
- High energy self-motivator with a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
- Strong sense of teamwork and mentoring highly desired, with a drive for learning and growth
- Ability to foster teamwork within Business Planning function
- Ability to adapt to changes in scope of position
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access & MS Project.
- Knowledge of Hyperion/Essbase and Oracle preferred.
- Ability to manage operating expenses against established budgets and forecasts
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Strict adherence to the established budget through management of operating expenses.
- Preparation of accurate budgets and operating plans, as well as timely and adequate information to guide performance assessment and management decision-making throughout the year.
- Preparation and tracking of activity that provides accurate information regarding operating expense.
- Adherence to all deadlines for budgets, forecasts, key operating metrics and all other reports.
- Establishment of effective working relationships with the Business Planning group(s), Network Departments (Fulfillment, Service Delivery, Customer Care, Support & Maintenance, IT, Tech Development, Operational Engineering, Infrastructure Management, Logistics) & accounting.
Lightpath is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Lightpath collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.