Billing Account Representative
Job Location: Virtual within commutable distance to Tampa FL MetLife office
Role Value Proposition:
Delivers high quality billing solutions and service excellence for group customers and Property & Casualty group customers. Facilitates a working dialogue with internal and external business partners in order to provide innovative solutions to client's Benefits needs.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with Internal Partners (Sales, Customer Service Center, Remittance Service Center, Global Operations Support Center, etc.). in order to enhance the ongoing success of the benefits programs. Including establishing productive working relationships with product partners.
- Knowledgeable in the operational aspects of the benefits program at both the group and individual employee level and provide Billing & Remittance support, along with monitor the billing, transmission and payment processes for assigned group customers.
- Performs functions that are critical to the accuracy of billing for the group program for all assigned accounts; (annually updating account billing and payroll dates, daily analysis of reports that document missed or incorrect deductions, audit the accuracy of the content of administrative systems, etc.) in order to prevent serious administrative problems and implement proactive practices to avoid escalation and accurately applies premium from group customers to the policies/accounts/records of individual policyholders.
- Assists in analyzing issues and inquiries from various units within MetLife and resolve, respond promptly and implement solutions efficiently.
- Recommends improvements to existing systems and processes/procedures from the patterns observed administering cases, and either leads or participates in the development of new processes and procedures relating to new products, systems or delivery mechanisms, along with supporting the quality management system processes and document existing administrative processes and procedures.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- High School Diploma required
- 2+yrs of accounts payable/accounts receivable, payroll, billing, accounting, or HR benefits experience
- Ability to support ongoing efficiency and process changes
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work autonomously or with others to effectively handle multiple tasks, prioritize deadlines appropriately and remain flexible.
- Ability to balance client expectations with MetLife capabilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.