Client Services Consultant I
Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
Alternate Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa || United States : Illinois : Aurora
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Role Value Proposition
As an employee benefits service new hire, you will complete a 4-month training program which includes a combination of structured classroom and on-the-job learning with a focus on building an understanding of the employee benefits industry, MetLife’s group benefits, operating systems, and client servicing skills. Upon successful completion of the program, you will deploy into a Client Service Consultant (CSC) position providing administrative and client service to MetLife group insurance customers. The CSC has overall accountability for the day-to-day administrative service support of multiple Regional Market clients. The CSC is part of an overall account team tasked with understanding the customers’ needs and wants and focused on delivering group benefit products that meet those needs, along with delivering a service experience that exceeds expectations and makes it easy for customers to do business with MetLife.
Great opportunity to join an amazing team! Are you passionate about building relationships? Do you possess great collaboration and communication skills? Do you like to innovate and identify process improvements? Then you would make a great client service consultant on our team.
Key Responsibilities During Training
- Complete and participate in all required MetLife learning and training – including successful completion of the Service Academy Program
- Work effectively with a seasoned service professional who serves as a mentor in educating the new hire to the various products, platforms and services offered by MetLife. This will involve meetings with the mentor and his/her customers
- Develop an understanding of the Group Benefits products and services.
- Build service competencies – including communication, customer service, project management and relationship building skills
- Support the service team by learning MetLife’s systems and processes in order to support an assigned block of customers – includes partnering with internal partners and external customers to deliver on customer needs, assisting with problem solving, and executing on the end-to-end customer experience.
- Participate in client audits and strategic planning process
- Generate reports to track/report activities, identify trends, progress, and strategies
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
Key Responsibilities After Training:
Overall accountability for the day-to-day administration of multiple or complex clients, including:
- Responds to client requests and leads projects, provides clients with alternative solutions to requests and can identify possible plan design alternatives, acts as a liaison between the client and internal MetLife teams
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service thru ongoing customer delivery and client satisfaction
- Coordinates and facilitates client meetings, in person or via conference call, and prepares materials, agendas and presentations, leads client account audits and strategic planning process and partners with financial team in completion of client reports.
- Serves as a key resource and may serve as a subject matter expert to Customer Unit and Regional Market accounts
- Partners with Proposal Unit to research and respond to RFP questionnaires
- Understands the detailed components and provisions in legal agreements between MetLife and the client and assists in facilitating the execution of contracts to ensure compliance
- Comprehends competitors’ products, industry trends and legal developments impacting business
- Firm knowledge of MetLife’s group products, services and systems and ability to apply analytical skills to the interaction of these products, services and systems
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- Experience in account management and customer service
- Experience developing and nuturing client relationships to ensure client satisfaction
- Able to develop solutions and work with internal and external teams to find solutions
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work autonomously; effectively handle multiple tasks, prioritize deadlines appropriately and remain flexible
- General understanding of U.S. economy and employee benefits industry
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Self-motivated to learn more about the business and is proactive in personal development
- 1-3 years of equivalent experience within insurance and/or benefits
- Ability to balance client expectations with MetLife capabilities
- Project management skills including problem solving, attention to detail, analytical thinking and decisiveness
Up to 10%
Number of Openings
This is a class hire with a projected start date of January 23rd 2023.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.