Production Management Lead
Role Value Proposition:
The purpose of the AMS Application Improvement team is to improve MetLife processes and technology to create high quality, stable products that service our customers. Our engineers are driven by professional curiosity and a desire to develop a deep understanding of services we support and the technologies they depend upon. As part of Application Improvement, this person participates in a variety of performance initiatives and can proactively address problems.
- Use problem-solving skills including identification, research, and coordination of resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex application issues; with a mind for restoration of service now and prevention in the future
- Address potential problems which will involve providing feedback in designing systems that are specific to our operating environment
- Partner with internal and external technology associates to solve complex business needs
- Work closely with the application development and architecture teams on collaborative technical decisions.
- Leverage metrics and monitoring tools to identify trends and prevent production incidents
- Identify bottlenecks and problems throughout the infrastructure
- Present complex technical information in a clearly and concisely
- Operate in a DevOps culture, including building relationships with other technical and business teams.
Essential Business Experience and Technology Skills:
- 4-7 years programming in Java, Net or Cobol.
- 4-7 years programming in SQL, DB2 or Oracle.
- Prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions
- Previous use of monitoring tools, such as AppDynamics or Splunk
- Working knowledge in cloud eco-systems like OpenStack, ESXi, OpenShift, AWS, Mesos DC/OS, Docker, Azure, GCP is a plus
- Experience with REST API or in Python/Java programming is a plus
- Persistent and driven
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, dynamic environment
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationship with stakeholders
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills and international cultural awareness
- Experience working in Agile frameworks, like Scrum or Kanban
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 4-7 years of related IT experience
- Experience in production support, application development, infrastructure or technology operations
- Cybersecurity experience
- Understanding of the ITIL framework
- Understanding of DevOps and SRE principles
- Experience working with offshore teams and vendors
- Service Now and Jira Experience
- Finance/Insurance industry experience
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.