Quality Engineering Internship
At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions —because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people’s lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Global Internship Program:
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Labcorp 2023 Global Internship Program as a Quality Engineering Intern!
As a Labcorp intern, you will have the opportunity to support meaningful assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Business and Healthcare disciplines, and are inspiring and valuable in our mission to improve health and improve lives across the globe. In addition to department work, we support your professional development and career exploration through program workshops, leadership speakers, employee resource group introductions, new hire panel discussions and small group ‘coffee chats’.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
About the Team:
The PGDx Quality Assurance Team ensures the suitability, safety and effectiveness of next generation sequencing (NGS) medical devices that are developed, manufactured and distributed from our Baltimore, MD site. We provide expertise and leadership in the areas of corrective and preventive action, manufacturing process controls, inventory management, process assurance, quality system requirements and process monitoring.
Internship Assignment Summary:
This position will work with Development, Operations, Manufacturing, and other Quality functional areas to ensure work is completed in accordance with PGDx procedures.
- The Quality Engineering Intern will work on the projects related to maintenance and improvement of risk management files, and engineering change controls.
- Intern will review the past complaints and utilize statistical tools to analyze the historical data.
- Assist manufacturing quality lead to identify gaps and improve the manufacturing process.
- Assist supplier quality engineer to identify gaps and maintain supplier files.
- Working towards bachelor’s degree in Sciences or Engineering.
- Interested in learning quality engineering tools and apply classroom knowledge in a fast-paced and growing industry setting.
- Proficient on basic computer programs such as Microsoft Office tools.
- Able to use persuasive, logical arguments based on data.
- Assist people in finding creative solutions which comply with standards and regulation or other constraints.
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders and internal/external colleagues.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .