Support Services Supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates or Bachelor's degree is a plus
- 3 years of relevant experience; preferably in a clinical laboratory
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience is preferred
- Familiarity with laboratory operations as well as policies and procedures is preferred
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- High level of attention to detail with strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to make decisions in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle the physical requirements of the position
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Are you detail oriented, process focused, and enjoy leading others? Are you looking for an industry leading company that offers growth and stability? LabCorp is seeking a Support Services Supervisor to join our team. In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives".
- Assist with preparation of laboratory specimens for analysis and testing
- Directly supervise, train, and mentor non-technical personnel of the department
- Monitor daily workflow in the lab and schedule adequate coverage
- Responsible for ensuring all shifts in the department are properly staffed
- Research and resolve any production errors while escalating when necessary
- Engage in continuous process and service level improvements
- Perform quality assurance checks to ensure efficiency and accuracy
- Prepare and maintain Quality Assurance records and documents
- Meet regularly with direct reports to provide coaching and feedback for their development
- Responsible for administering and managing policies and procedures
- Process and maintain payroll and personnel files
- Perform administrative duties as needed
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .