Analyst, Accounting %26 Finance
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
If you are selected as the Analyst, Accounting & Finance, you will be a key member of the Financial Services Organization. Responsibilities may include supporting production and revenue accounting, joint venture accounting, asset accounting, and corporate accounting. The analyst will become a business partner for their BU stakeholders and understand business process and work drivers while supporting a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and innovation.
Your responsibilities may include\:
- Recording revenue, allocating production, handling invoices, reconciling accounts, reporting and paying taxes and royalties, and answering owner, audit, or regulatory inquiries
- Analyzing monthly results to ensure financial accuracy
- Analyzing working interest owner disputes, communicating as needed to the appropriate contact within the organization to resolve, and ensuring our financial system properly reflects monthly accounting activity
- Maintaining master data, ensuring the monthly joint venture closings are completed accurately in a time-bound environment, and monitoring control reports
- Processing of monthly DD&A, asset transfers, and impairments and providing variance analysis
- Analyzing monthly activity associated with Asset Retirement Obligation (ARO), leaseholds, dry holes, capital accruals and dispositions
- Processing and analyzing activity related to account reconciliations, intercompany, debt, investment and equity accounting, and Foreign Exchange (FX)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or other related field or foreign equivalent
- 1 years of relevant business experience
- Basic level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications and SAP
- 1 years of experience with SAP
- Advanced level of proficiency in financial and operational analysis, data analytics and presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work under tight deadlines
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what is right
- Delivers positive results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Effective communicator
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 31, 2023.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.