Procurement Generalist I
- Each Generalist is assigned specific tasks and is responsible for tactical ordering, inventory replenishment (such as Control Point or stores operations), and meeting the day to day needs of appropriate Business Units.
- The Generalist has responsibility for managing specific activities within Purchasing (such as requisition approvals, match exceptions, order acknowledgments, order expediting, phone orders, and order processing).
- Generalists will perform routine pricing negotiations, with existing suppliers, for the purchase of goods under defined guidelines.
- As part of tactical ordering, Generalist will maintain data to ensure that requisitions are processed accurately and timely (orders placed same day fiscal approval is documented or next business day), monitor the fulfillment of orders, and maintain communication with users, suppliers, Logistics and other interested parties.
- The Generalist has responsibility for managing the RTV process of goods for their support Business Units.
- In coordination with the Inventory Control System Specialist, the Generalist ensures that proper inventory levels are maintained and ordering practices used to achieve the optimum efficiency of all aspects of the inventory system, including logistics activities, and to meet user expectations.
- The Generalist is responsible for identifying potential new items for the PeopleSoft item master and coordinating accordingly with the Purchasing Coordinator.
- The Generalist has responsibility for reconciling all variances associated with their orders (such as basic pricing match exceptions quantity discrepancies).
- For goals and objectives and timesheet reporting, the Generalist reports to the Purchasing Supervisor.
- Generalists will have the responsibility to train or mentor other Generalists and Requestors in PeopleSoft practices as appropriate.
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of customer service.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be persistent while maintaining tact.
- Working knowledge of computers and programs
- Strong organizational skills
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .