Sr Software Develop Engineer
Senior Software Engineer Full Stack
Job Location: Greenville, SC OR Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition:
We are seeking a Senior Software engineer to join our Dental Application Development team. Key activities include hands-on code development, code reviews, setting standards for and applying best practices, and value-add activities.
- Responsible for ensuring that quality standards are met by both onshore and offshore teams.
- The Senior Software Development Engineer oversees the software development activities on one or more projects.
- Will manage and oversee the successful completion of all technical deliverables including the detailed technical design, software development and unit testing process.
- Project leadership, relationship building, stakeholder management, vendor resource management
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required, major in related field like CS, CIS/MIS, engineering preferred
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ Years of software development experience in an IBM Mainframe Environment including some of the following: Cobol, JCL, CICS, VSAM, DB2
- 3+ years of distributed systems development with some of the following: Java, Angular, Hibernate, XML, web services, IBM MQ
- Stakeholder management including interfacing to senior management
- Ability to perform detailed data analysis – UCD, Fault Analyzer or similar
- Experience working in Waterfall and Agile/DevOps environment
- Design experience utilizing Use Cases, Features, and User Stories
- Azure, Jira
- Experience in managing offshore software development with third party vendors
- Project management experience and/or PMP
- Must be a passionate, driven individual, capable of interacting with the business and managing development execution while contributing hands-on coding and debugging
- Experience with Java/J2EE for Web Application Development - a plus
Hybrid role commutable to the above listed office location.
Global [Register to View] of Openings
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.