Instrument Support Spec I
To ensure that Labcorp's scientific and non-scientific instrumentation is compliant with regulatory and customer requirements. Persons holding this position will perform tasks contributing to the repair, calibration, maintenance, installation and verification of laboratory scientific instrumentation. Position coaches and advises less experienced staff to improve their skills and knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform complex routine (scheduled calibrations and preventive maintenance) and non-routine (repair) procedures in support of scientific equipment i.e. UPLC, HPLC, GC, etc.
- Maintains higher level complexity instrumentation and systems. i.e. Mass Spec with support from the LCMS Support Engineer
- Provides daily operation/method troubleshooting and instrumentation and technologies
- Provides training to operators on troubleshooting, operation and routine maintenance as needed
- Supports the administration and troubleshooting of instrument operation software
- Assists team members in software validation lab testing related duties.
- Begins to train and maintain higher level complexity instrumentation and systems. i.e. Mass Spec
- Collect, compile, measure, summarize and record data developed during performance of routine and non-routine maintenance activities.
- Perform assignments with strict adherence to written standard operating procedures where required.
- Accesses and uses all sources (e.g. manuals, tech support, internet, peers) for needed technical information needed to support familiar and unfamiliar laboratory instrumentation.
- Works with computer controlled instrumentation, the operators and multiple software applications.
- Conducts “on-the job” training for less experienced technicians
- Provides daily instrumentation maintenance/troubleshooting support.
- Develops and/or modifies CMMS procedures and Labcorp SOPs
- Participates in monitoring and evaluating new instrumentation and technologies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Attend all related company, department and EHS recommended required safety training annually.
- Maintains a safe work area
- Professional and effective in all interactions with peers and customers.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .