Specialty Development Executive (Autoimmune Specialty Testing) - San Diego, CA
Recognized as one of Forbes 2022 World's Best Employers and named to Fast Company magazine's list of 2021 Most Innovative Companies, Labcorp is seeking to hire a Specialty Development Sales Executive to help identify and shape opportunities for our continued growth across the Autoimmune Specialty, with an initial focus in the area of Rheumatology. At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions - because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people's lives. As a Specialty Development Sales Executive, you are responsible for effectively communicating and selling the benefits of Laboratory Corporation of America (LCA) commercial products in a territory that covers the Southern California Region. The right person will have the opportunity to take on additional responsibility with multiple career growth opportunities as we expand our footprint and leadership in the fields of precision medicine and companion diagnostics.
- Meet and exceed sales goals and achieve maximum sales growth in assigned territory
- Successfully build and execute an annual business plan with quarterly updates
- Cold call and build a sales pipeline that will provide ongoing revenue goal achievement
- Accurately forecast and maintain a sales funnel of new opportunities in-line with a 90-day quota
- Effectively manage travel logistics to maximize sales productivity
- Successfully sell cross functionally within a hospital system and laboratory
- Attend local and national professional trade shows and events as requested
- Learn and sell Clinical Specialty focused products and services
- Effectively communicate value propositions to all targeted customers and prospects
- Perform in-services, training and implementation with pertinent personnel and physician staff
- Collaborate and actively contribute to new business opportunities with LCA counterparts
- Update all relevant customer account information into CRM Data Management Systems
- Provide ongoing customer support, education on focus products and market updates for current customer base.
- Bachelor's degree in the life sciences is preferred
- A Minimum 5 years of outside sales experience is required
- Experience in the healthcare or clinical laboratory/medical device industry
- Proven success managing a book of business
- Strong persuasiveness as well as influencing and closing skills
- Ability to understand complex scientific literature and use clinical data as a selling factor
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Power Point - Excel
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Position requires some overnight travel for client visits, sales events and trade shows
Pay Range: $88,000-$144,000 annually plus commission
Benefits: All job offers will be based on a candidate’s skills and prior relevant experience, applicable degrees/certifications, as well as internal equity and market data. Regular, full-time or part-time employees working 20 or more hours per week are eligible for comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD/LTD, 401(K), ESPP, Paid time off (PTO) or Flexible time off (FTO), Company bonus where applicable. For more detailed information, please [Register to View] .
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .