Software Engineer II
Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
Work Arrangement: Hybrid: 3 days in office/2 days work from home
Role Value Proposition
MetLife Investments IT is looking for a Software Development Engineer II in a full stack developer capacity. As a Software Development Engineer, you will be a full-stack developer on a fast-paced, Agile delivery team building and deploying systems that are leveraging modern design and integrations across the entire software stack. As a full-stack engineer, you are responsible for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of solutions, based on a set of standards and processes which establish consistency across the enterprise, reduce risk, and promote efficiencies in support of organizational and the business goals and objectives. You will collaborate closely with the Scrum Lead and Product Owners. You will have an opportunity to impact every part of the system, foster and cultivate your curiosity and iterate over solutions to deliver for our customers.
- Analyzing, designing, and driving solutions for major components and features
- Gather and document user requirements
- Responsible for ensuring that quality standards are met by both onshore and offshore teams
- Oversees the software development activities on one or more projects
- Manage and oversee the successful completion of technical deliverables including the detailed technical design, software development, and unit testing process
- Ensuring secure, high code quality across project deliverables
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Interfacing with Lead engineers, key stakeholders, and business leaders
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- 4+ years’ experience in Software Development and strong technical experience with building distributed platforms
- Strong hands-on experience with distributed technologies: .NET, Angular, Web services
- Strong Software Development Life Cycle knowledge and experience, or comparable methodologies
- Ability to build, test, deliver, and operate complex applications
- Proficiency with various database technologies and solutions using SQL Server
- Proven CI/CD Agile, DevOps/Lean experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with focused attention to detail, as well as demonstrated professionalism and time/task management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Passionate, driven individual, capable of interacting with the business and managing development execution while contributing hands-on coding and debugging
- Design experience leveraging Agile methodologies, Features, User Stories, and Use Cases
- Experience working with offshore software development and third-party vendors
- SAFe Agile certification
- Knowledge of Delphix and Veracode technologies is a plus
Number of Openings
[Register to View]
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
The role is eligible for incentive compensation under the sales incentive plan for your position. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program, including healthcare benefits, life insurance, retirement benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid time off. All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan terms.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.