Associate Director, Business Engagement & Technology- Insights, Analytics and Commercial operations
Vertex is seeking an innovative and experienced leader to head the strategy, planning and delivery of key technology capabilities to support Vertex’s Insights, analytics and US based commercial operations teams that lead market insights, forecasting, pipeline pre-launch data acquisition and support commercialization of marketed products and pipeline programs globally. Vertex is in a transformational period where we are accelerating our data and technology capabilities to support our scientific mission and prepare for commercialization and launch of our next generation therapies. This Associate Director role will work directly with commercial partners and functional stakeholders to build and execute the technology roadmap that enable marketing insights, and commercial data management and operations strategy with focus on key pipeline program of Pain and subsequently partner with the data and knowledge management teams to deliver business capabilities on modern data platforms.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Become a trusted partner of the business leaders in the Insights, analytics, and US based commercial operations teams, understand their needs and vision, and deliver technology solutions to support and enable their goals and objectives.
- Engage as a key participant in the strategic business planning process for the commercial partners and represent the role of technology in business transformation
- Articulate and maintain a technology strategy to support and advance insights and analytics, global commercial operations, and field engagement for marketed (Cystic Fibrosis) and pipeline therapies including Pain, Heme, and factoring in the future direction of the business and advancements in technology landscape.
- Create a technology roadmap to support pre-launch insights, RWE analytics and Go-To-Market strategy projects on Snowflake and Data bricks data platforms, key account and customer (payer and provider) data management, field enablement and commercial operations for both payers and providers, aligned to pipeline commercialization timelines for US and Canadian markets.
- Execute the technology strategy by leading the evaluation, selection, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of relevant technology platforms.
- Lead full project lifecycle from intake through deployment, as well as communication, change management and team mobilization/ onboarding
- Partner with the technology teams including data and knowledge management and software engineering to lead execution of prioritized projects and backlogs and enable AI and machine learning capabilities for data science teams to advance commercial insights and analytics goals and objectives.
- Manage relationships with the strategic software vendors and service providers providing technology solutions for the business area
- Establish, track and report on project value drivers and financial impact
- Work closely with DTE Compliance, Internal Audit, and Quality Assurance groups as needed to ensure compliance with all appropriate regulations, as well as our DTE system lifecycle and change management requirements
- In-depth knowledge and background on Commercial data, operations, and field enablement in the biopharma industry
- Strong knowledge on and experience working with commercial data sets including but not limited to claims and prescription, marketing insights, digital engagement, sales and forecasts and HCP/HCO masters and hierarchies.
- Knowledge and experience on technology and data capabilities that enable pre-launch activities leading up to the commercialization of small molecule and cell and gene therapies. Experience with technology enablement of omnichannel capabilities for high volume engagement in primary care or large specialty markets is a plus.
- Significant experience in building productive partnerships with business stakeholders and influencing them to take action
- Experience working with commercial insights and analytics teams and business intelligence platforms like Tableau, Power BI and SAS.
- Strong knowledge of modern cloud-based technology and data platforms like AWS, Snowflake and Data bricks and usage of AI/ML capabilities to enable launch and commercialization excellence
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities including development of business case and value propositions
- Results oriented manager with a proven track record of on-time project delivery for large, complex projects with global stakeholders
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to present in a clear and concise manner to all audiences
- Substantial program/ project management, demand management, resource management and system life cycle expertise
- Proven capabilities in people management and building high-performing teams
- Prior experience with running IT managed services or outsourced/ offshore teams
- Superior MS Office skills, including MS Project & Visio, Excel and PowerPoint Experience
- Strong experience in Agile methodology
Required Education Level and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably in technology discipline) Advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience working in growing technology roles with at least 4-6 years in IT leadership positions
- 5+ years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical / Biotech industry
- 5+ years’ experience with Commercial data, market insights and analytics and technology capabilities including data and knowledge management, CRM, Digital Customer Engagement, and Digital Marketing.
- Position is based in Boston, MA and role will need to operate in hybrid (3 days onsite) possibly leading to full onsite in future.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that Vertex requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees working in the U.S. as a condition of employment at Vertex, subject to medical, religious or other accommodations or exemptions required by law. We believe this requirement is vital to keeping everyone at Vertex and in our communities safe. This requirement applies to both existing and new employees who may at any time work on-site at a Vertex facility or visit another location on behalf of Vertex (e.g., conferences, customer visits, etc.), including all remote employees. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at [Register to View]