Manufacturing Operations Senior Associate
The Manufacturing Operations Senior Scientific Associate is responsible for daily GMP manufacturing operations in the DPF, including the assembly, set-up, operation, disassembly, and cleaning of process equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding of and strict adherence to cGMP requirements
- Compliance with all on-going training requirements
- Following Batch Records, SOPs, policies and all other relevant work instructions to ensure the successful and compliant operation of the drug product facility
- Interfacing with cleaning staff, Facilities/Operations, Quality, EH&S, Materials Management and the Release and Stability Laboratory to ensure facility operation
- Entering of data into log books and batch records
- Interfacing with computerized systems and automated process equipment
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Visual Acuity
- Ability to distinguish between the colors red, yellow, blue and green
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Solid communication and documentation skills
- Organizational skills
- Basic computer skills and demonstrated ability to learn new systems and understand new technologies
- Ability to perform shift work as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that Vertex requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees working in the U.S. as a condition of employment at Vertex, subject to medical, religious or other accommodations or exemptions required by law. We believe this requirement is vital to keeping everyone at Vertex and in our communities safe. This requirement applies to both existing and new employees who may at any time work on-site at a Vertex facility or visit another location on behalf of Vertex (e.g., conferences, customer visits, etc.), including all remote employees. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at [Register to View]