Senior Captain - Global Corporate Travel
Labcorp Aviation is currently searching for a full-time Senior Captain - Global Corporate Travel for our corporate flight department based in Burlington, NC.
$45K Sign-on Bonus
GVII-G600 rating (strongly preferred)
What to Expect
- Participates in the company aviation SMS, taking an active role supporting the open sharing of information on all safety issues, and reporting all safety hazards and concerns.
- Final authority for the operation of the aircraft assigned.
- Responsible for safe and efficient transport of passengers and crew.
- Authority to delay, cancel or discontinue a flight when conditions are unsuitable for the conduct or continuation of the flight. Authority to indicate a change in the planned flight during the flight when such a change is appropriate for the safe operation of the aircraft.
- Responsible for flight planning and coordinating changes in the flight schedule. Institutes all necessary changes as required by en-route conditions such that the flight may continue under appropriate procedures and rules.
- Responsible for conducting the flight in a safe and prudent manner in accordance with company policies, Federal Aviation Administration regulations, and Department of Homeland Security regulations required of the flight operation. Ensures adherence to Labcorp Aviation policies and procedures.
- Ensures all country entrance, customs, and security procedures are followed. Ensures all company property is safe and secured while traveling away from home base. This includes the aircraft, i-Pads, phones, computer, and any other Labcorp owned devices and property within your control.
- Ensures that passenger transportation and security are arranged as needed. Ensures that manuals and charts are on board the aircraft and up to date. For electronic copies, ensures all databases are up to date.
- Ensures that the aircraft is properly maintained and ready for operation. Maintains clean, stocked aircraft and workplace.
- Ensures passenger stock is adequately supplied and stored.
- Ensures the aircraft is tidy and cleaned.
- Organizes catering and ensures other customer specific items are on board the aircraft.
- Makes an immediate report in any hazardous action, conduct or event to the Safety Manager and Director of Aviation.
- Ensures briefings include health and safety information as needed.
- Fosters a safe and professional environment. Maintains appearance and uniform to the Labcorp standard.
- Immediately reports and potential AOG concerns to Labcorp Aviation.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or higher or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- License MEL/ATP 5 years as Captain with a corporate flight department or equivalent work experience
- 8 years of Commercial experience
- Expert working knowledge of aviation activities, Federal Aviation Regulations, and corporate flight operations:GVII-G600 rating (strongly preferred) or G650 or G550 rating preferred
- Valid airline transport license with multi-engine and instrument ratings
- International flight experience
- Type rating: 1
- Flight Time total: 5,000 hours
- Turbine time: 500 hours
- Multi-engine time: 2,000 hours
- Jet time: 1,000 hours
- IFR: 500 hours
- Ability to pass FAA Class 1 physical examination every 6 months
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Expert ability to exercise a high degree of professionalism as this position routinely deals with the highest executive levels at Labcorp
- Superior customer service skills including strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must live within 1 hour of the KBUY airport
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .