Security Officer I
Provides professional security services by ensuring a safe and secure environment exists for employees and company property.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the integrity and proper operating condition of all installed security system. Reports abnormal conditions to Supervisor.
- Brief and debrief other security staff to pass along pertinent business related information.
- Learn to patrol campus and buildings, monitoring for conditions or situations which pose a risk to the safety/security of people and/or property or are in violation of company policy.
- Document and reports all daily activities and incidents in the Security Reporting Database.
- Learn to monitor PC based monitoring systems and electronic equipment at Security Station (e.g. Security Access Control System, CCTV, Environmental Management and Control systems, and the fire alarm systems.
- Document and maintain study-related data relating to environmental conditions for Environmental Monitoring Systems.
- Provide prompt notification to on-call technicians or administrative personnel to resolve any problems that may arise
- Attend all required training programs and meetings.
- Learn to monitor and maintain status of Fire Alarm panel and take appropriate action in response to alarms.
- Follow the Post Orders for the assigned Security Station.
- Respond to emergencies in accordance with company policy (e.g., medical, chemical spills, fire evacuations).
- Enforce company policies, especially Security and Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Check personnel, contractors, service technicians, and vendors for proper authorization to facilities and for contraband.
- Learn to receive after business hour deliveries of packages and mail, document, and store appropriately.
- Perform security function in accordance with company and departmental guidelines and polices.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service to co-workers as well as internal and external customers and vendors and directing them to the resource that will best meet their need.
- Answer and relay incoming calls to personnel designated by the caller or by the nature of the inquiry without compromising company or employee confidentiality.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Internal: Security Leaders and Staff
- External: Clients, Employees, Contractors and Visitors
Travel Requirements: No
Language Skills Required:
- Speaking: Yes- English
- Writing/Reading: Yes- English
- Requires High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and record information accurately.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft products
- Demonstrated quality and customer service skills.
- Completion of FEMA ISC 100, 200, 700 & 800 courses
- Certification in Compliance, Direction, Takedown (CDT) or equivalent
- Tactical Communications (Verbal Judo) Certification or equivalent
- Completion of Police Science or Criminal Justice Associates Degree
- Certification in 1St Aid, CPR and AED
- 0-1 years experience in a Security related field
- Focus on Customer – 1
- Innovate and Change – 1
- Pursue Scientific and Process Excellence - 1
- Works with Others – 1
- Achieve Results – 1
- Able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Able to walk or stand approximately 33% of the time.
- Able to sit at a computer for approximately 66% of the time.
- Flexible working hours as required including overtime and weekend work.
- Mandatory immunizations and screening as required.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Must possess a current state security license (where required by state law)
- May be exposed to potentially hazardous materials.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .